Deleted

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deleted
Last edited by PietW. on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Hehehe, cool!

Might be worth pointing out that one needs the Tech Preview version of Hive to use these, which is still work in progress:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=511390

I suspect these were harvested by sampling a TI, i.e. it wasn't done by reading the original ROM?

deleted
Last edited by PietW. on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I hope this doesn't come across as offensive, but many of them show the typical artefacts of turning samples into wavetables. That is, some are not perfectly cyclic, i.e. first sample and last sample don't seem to match, or they have a moving phase.

I have sold my Virus TI some time ago, but I don't remember it having such issues. I guess whoever did these originally has simply sampled them off the TI and sliced them up as nicely as it possibly gets this way.

deleted
Last edited by PietW. on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote:I suspect these were harvested by sampling a TI, i.e. it wasn't done by reading the original ROM?
yes, they are sweeps recorded, not the actual wt's, which themselves contain very few wavs. The quality is poor too.

Hope someone feels challenged to deliver the "real deal". ;)

Urs wrote:Hehehe, cool!

Might be worth pointing out that one needs the Tech Preview version of Hive to use these, which is still work in progress:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=511390
In this case, I guess we need a script that points to each cycle of the WAV file, right? Based on what I understood from what I read, Hive doesn't load the WAV files themselves, "as they are".
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Based on what I understood from what I read, Hive doesn't load the WAV files themselves, "as they are".
WAVs will load without requiring a script.

AnX wrote:
Urs wrote:I suspect these were harvested by sampling a TI, i.e. it wasn't done by reading the original ROM?
yes, they are sweeps recorded, not the actual wt's, which themselves contain very few wavs. The quality is poor too.
For what I know, the guy who made them indeed just swept through the wavteables and recoded the output. I believe it's the only way to "extract" Virus wavetables to use in other synths. I have no idea what are the "quality" issues you are talking about though, I use these WTs in Serum and Rapid and get quite athentic Virus-sounding patches (I have the real thing to compare). Ofc, Virus filters and effects also play an important role so it's not always possible to exactly recreate the Virus patches in these synths, but if the filters and effects are turned off the WTs sound mostly the same in Virus and Serum.

I don't have Hive yet but i think I'll buy it at some point because of the wavetable update and I think I'll be mostly using these WTs.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:I have no idea what are the "quality" issues you are talking about though
I guess the wavetables are certainly recognizable and very similar to the original ones, but many are not looped perfectly. It may be good enough for most applications though, not sure.

Urs wrote:
recursive one wrote:I have no idea what are the "quality" issues you are talking about though
I guess the wavetables are certainly recognizable and very similar to the original ones, but many are not looped perfectly.
Does it mean that if I play them at constant value of the WT postion parameter I must be getting clicks at certain position values?

That's not my experience, though I can't say that I've tried all these wavetables at each position so far.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Howard wrote:
fmr wrote:Based on what I understood from what I read, Hive doesn't load the WAV files themselves, "as they are".
WAVs will load without requiring a script.
Glad to know that :D
Fernando (FMR)

recursive one wrote:
Urs wrote:...many are not looped perfectly.
Does it mean that if I play them at constant value of the WT postion parameter I must be getting clicks at certain position values?
As these are single-cycle waves you shouldn't expect clicks from imperfect looping, but a certain "buzziness" that isn't in the originals.

Return to “Instruments”