SSD5 just hit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Steven Slate Drums

Hi all ^^
Got the news in the mail.
Installed the free version with the so called deluxe kit 2 last night.
Am not an owner of the previous version.
To me it sounds good/clean with a nice striking impact.

What I like is the variable tones across the velocity range,
and multiple hits like the hits on rim shots & other details on the cymbals-hats etc.
Can only imagine what depth the other kits provide. Good on you guys :D
With this kit so far I find the tweakability to justify what was said in the introduction video.
Quite extensive for a freebie, and it's a nice gift to add to my collection ;)
So a plus+1 for steven slate in my book.

On processing I found the sound I wanted with light compress & Bozlabs-Bark of dog2 on the kick drum at 80hz-ish.
with a nice plate reverb on the mid-top end.
Also tested the recent free Ezconvolution from Melda audio on this with great results.
The reverse convolutions were impressive, definitely recommend trying that one out y'all ;)

Installation was smooth for me & I had no issues following the instruction from the install video at the download page.
It's truly free without using/requiring the ilok account.
Since people have issues & the install.vid isn't easy access
I'll write some info here ^^

SSD5 free consists of 4 files to download:
01. SSD5_Free_Sampler_r108_Win.exe ~45mb
02. SSD5LibFree01.slatepack ~1038mb
03. SSD5LibFree02.slatepack ~960mb
04. Steven_Slate_Drums_IM_r108_Win.exe ~37mb

-install 01 first & then 04.
-during install will be prompted to point to the slatepacks
& then destination to your plugin folder where you'd like it installed.
(In my case the .dll & Library in same folder. ex. Slate plugs with SSDsampler5.dll & SSD5 Lib.files folder I named for short)
-On plugin first run I had to set the home/lib folder to load the kit. And that was all. (might be cuz of the rename of library folder)

The plug .dll is 37mb & library takes just over 2gb on the HDD.
So keep in mind that loading it will take a big scoop of ram, or toll on streaming from disk.
There are options/adjustments to how its disk streaming or amount loaded into ram.
You may fine tune it that way, but I didn't look as I didn't need to.

So hope that's useful & might help :tu: cheers

Just re-found the vids + the vid on installing kits. :tu:

install SSD5free on win.
https://youtu.be/01sKQzF5Wb8

install SSD5free on mac
https://youtu.be/mUysQOP9tOc

Expansion kits Install
https://youtu.be/FZd8VI5uVOs

Loading, editing, saving kits I've found on this page :tu: cheers >
https://stevenslatedrums.zendesk.com/hc ... ts-in-SSD5

Looks very very dated like old W95 or Atari software :-)

Also it seems very limited, is there not even a way to fully work, edit, and integrate own multi-velocity-layered samples etc in deept ???

Did try for half an hour to find in deept info on there site, without any success, that alone sets me off

Seems like a joke, something from a toy-store, or museum,..

Can someone point me out a manual for download ?

(since obviously they don't whant the potential customers to know what the hole thing is all about)
HM

So I still can't use SS drums (SSD4 or 5) on Maschine?

If so, then please say how?

Thanks.

boombaxx wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:35 pm Anyone know how u add kits from SD4 to SD5. I have tried copying them into sd 5 the types come up but no kits same for the grooves.
I believe the kits have been ported for you. From their FAQ:

Q: Can I utilize SSD4 libraries within SSD5 full?
A: SSD4 library samples have been re reformatted for SSD5 and are included in the purchase.

Copy the SSD4 grooves into your SSD5 Groove folder and restart SSD5...works here.
Last edited by GrooveMonkee on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you've purchased Groove Monkee MIDI packs you can download newly updated versions with properly formatted SSD5 files. This is a free upgrade. Download from: support menu > legacy accounts

Note: this system uses a different password from the web shop. If you need a password, please use the password reset. If you have trouble, contact support and we'll help you gain access.

I tried the free product. I was surprisingly unimpressed, but I have been spoiled by SD3. Maybe I'll give it some more time.

Return to “Instruments”