Re-Compose Spexx (Now renamed Venom and owned by W.A. Production)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is this the first acquisition that W.A Production has made or have there been more?
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Pretty much all wa stuff is taken from others afaik

The new plugin-in version works fine, the only big problem I see is that all my presets stored in SPEXX are of course gone now and that all instances of SPEXX used in former projects will not be replaced by automatically with Venom and the plug-in settings within these projects are lost, that's a big bummer...

So I copied over the.au-presets I made with SPEXX into the mew Venom user folder for au-presets (located in User Library/Audio/Presets/W.A.Production) but Venom can't read the old presets so...arggghhhh

So I'll just copy over the parameters manually from Spexx presets to new Venom presets, as long as Spexx still works that seems the only solution.

I took a chance on it (for 11 dollars and some change), and I am blown away by its potential for sound design. It's resizable, as well, for the win. I've only tinkered with it for about 15 minutes, but damn it has taken me places. :)
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:54 pm I took a chance on it (for 11 dollars and some change), and I am blown away by its potential for sound design. It's resizable, as well, for the win. I've only tinkered with it for about 15 minutes, but damn it has taken me places. :)
Pretty amazing uh! :D :tu:

Spexx was always awesome and now it's a lot more affordable. I don't like the new name (the original was distinct and told you what it is) but the rebranding needed to get away from the Google search results. The UI changes improved it. More visible on/off indicator on the modules, input/output/mix now grouped together, help button is more obvious, and the Venom logo now adds true bypass. We lost the CPU readout but I already have that in my DAW so no big loss.

On Windows, the presets are saved with a .prs extension. I copied them over from \ProgramData\Audio\Presets\ReCompose\Spexx to \ProgramData\Audio\Presets\WAProduction\Venom and they all load perfectly. I loaded the presets in a hex editor and I don't notice any differences in format.

If you buy it direct from WA Productions, its $11.80 with another 40% off with code WABlackXX which expires at some point, That means you can get Venom for around $7. Crazy. Also look out on their sire for other discounted tools that another 40% apply to - I picked up MidiQ and the Vocal Bundle with 5 plugins. Puncher was free. Total was $16. The ones I got are actually pretty good, and somewhat unique. Good impulse buy to for those suffering from GAS. Won't break the bank. Babylon is also included in the sale.

Still did not get Venom to my WAprod account (yes did described license migration process week ago or more, even already two times lol). Though it's not critically ofcourse, Spexx works fine under his key.

Okay. Only did it a few days ago... will have to wait.

Return to “Effects”