Nominal6 : Ghost Train - fast paced, percussive

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a fast paced piece based on percussion. Against the percussion are long theme notes that might remind the horn of a train coming from a distance.

Comments welcomed..Cheers.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/ghosttrain

very interesting "different" sounding track. i enjoyed it for the most part,
but i think the volume levels could have been mixed to make the sounds play better together.... just my 2 pesos.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Different is good.
I would however prefer it in another genre.
How about strings and orchestra in there?

Some good elements in this but the deep sound that comes in and out is a bit abrupt. Perhaps try fading it in and out to create a sweeping effect.

Not sure the final part works either.

Try fiddling with the structure some more.

Keep it up!

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated. It's with specific comments that I can vision out of the box so to speak.

@layzer: yes, it could be smoothed out somewhat, in the sense of providing a more enjozable listening experience. It's a bit on the raw side in its current state.

@Saffran: The idea of having some strings in lieu of percussion, for instance, is very interesting. Or strings in general. I'll consider it, thanks !

@-Fature-: I agree that the deep bass sounds coming in and out are a bit abrupt. Following your comment I'm thinking that the really deep bass sounds should be resevred for the choruses. About the final part I'm not sure what you meant.

Cheers !

Return to “Music Cafe”