The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
benzino
KVRer
12 posts since 31 Oct, 2018

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:51 pm

could you make it so that the frequency knob automatically adjusts to the incoming frequency?
thanks :D

User avatar
Denise.Audio
KVRist
196 posts since 22 May, 2018 from Berlin

Re: The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:33 am

benzino wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:51 pm
could you make it so that the frequency knob automatically adjusts to the incoming frequency?
thanks :D
Hey Benzino, thanks for your message and we appreciate your input.

How do you imagine this dial to work and how do you think it should adjust the frequency? Like a filter or more like a pitch dial?

Many thanks.
denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.denise.io

kvaca
KVRian
1056 posts since 30 Oct, 2005

Re: The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:29 am

Denise.Audio wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 am
Hi Kvr guys,

Our team have recently written about bass enhancement to demystify the technique used in plugins like the Waves RBass, Maxx Bass and the new denise Bass XL.

Hopefully you find this an interesting read:

https://www.denise.io/blog/2018/12/bass ... o-examples

Best,
Joe
followed link...explains nothing :?


edit: finally found - wrong link...correct link here:
https://www.denise.io/blog/2018/12/bass ... o-examples

User avatar
Denise.Audio
KVRist
196 posts since 22 May, 2018 from Berlin

Re: The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:57 am

kvaca wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:29 am
Denise.Audio wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 am
Hi Kvr guys,

Our team have recently written about bass enhancement to demystify the technique used in plugins like the Waves RBass, Maxx Bass and the new denise Bass XL.

Hopefully you find this an interesting read:

https://www.denise.io/blog/2018/12/bass ... o-examples

Best,
Joe
followed link...explains nothing :?


edit: finally found - wrong link...correct link here:
https://www.denise.io/blog/2018/12/bass ... o-examples
I'm pleased it worked! Not sure why it wouldn't have worked the first time but hopefully the blog explains a lot. Joe.
denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.denise.io

Infinite5ths
KVRist
320 posts since 19 Sep, 2005 from Los Angeles, CA

Re: The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:45 am

Denise.Audio wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:57 am
kvaca wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:29 am
Denise.Audio wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 am
Hi Kvr guys,

Our team have recently written about bass enhancement to demystify the technique used in plugins like the Waves RBass, Maxx Bass and the new denise Bass XL.

Hopefully you find this an interesting read:

https://www.denise.io/blog/2018/12/bass ... o-examples

Best,
Joe
followed link...explains nothing :?


edit: finally found - wrong link...correct link here:
https://www.denise.io/blog/2018/12/bass ... o-examples
I'm pleased it worked! Not sure why it wouldn't have worked the first time but hopefully the blog explains a lot. Joe.
Yeah - the link in the first post of this topic brings up a page with only the comments, but not the original blog article. So it's not very helpful.

The link just above ("edit: finally found - wrong link...correct link here:") works fine. The first link has "2" instead of "3" minutes.

User avatar
Denise.Audio
KVRist
196 posts since 22 May, 2018 from Berlin

Re: The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:16 am

Infinite5ths wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:45 am
Denise.Audio wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:57 am
kvaca wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:29 am
Denise.Audio wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 am
Hi Kvr guys,

Our team have recently written about bass enhancement to demystify the technique used in plugins like the Waves RBass, Maxx Bass and the new denise Bass XL.

Hopefully you find this an interesting read:

https://www.denise.io/blog/2018/12/bass ... o-examples

Best,
Joe
followed link...explains nothing :?


edit: finally found - wrong link...correct link here:
https://www.denise.io/blog/2018/12/bass ... o-examples
I'm pleased it worked! Not sure why it wouldn't have worked the first time but hopefully the blog explains a lot. Joe.
Yeah - the link in the first post of this topic brings up a page with only the comments, but not the original blog article. So it's not very helpful.

The link just above ("edit: finally found - wrong link...correct link here:") works fine. The first link has "2" instead of "3" minutes.
Thanks for making us aware of this, I've edited the original post :party:

Best
Joe
denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.denise.io

VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
8802 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from a state of confusion

Re: The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:02 pm

Your website is frustrating. I was interested in Bass XL (and a few other effects) after seeing this thread (and the article earlier today). I went back this evening to find Bass XL on your website.

But I could not for awhile. I kept looking and looking. Eventually I discovered I have to scroll and scroll until I get to a 'view more' button which then I have to click a couple of times and scroll further to finally find it.

Then, upon finding it, see I now have to create an account just to download a trial. :dog: No thanks. I closed out the page. It would make a lot more sense to have a top column with all of them listed or a drop down that has them listed (and can be clicked on to take you instantly to each respective effect's page).

And a non-login trial would be super nice.. I only want to share my info to yet one more company if I'm getting a full product as part of the transaction.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke

User avatar
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
3457 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Re: The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

Post Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:58 pm

Ahh, so that's just low-frequency saturation I've been doing myself. This technique requires no dedicated plugins whatsoever...
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

perpetual3
KVRian
1050 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

Post Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:17 am

I use wavesfactory spectre for my bass enhancement/saturation.

User avatar
Denise.Audio
KVRist
196 posts since 22 May, 2018 from Berlin

Re: The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:54 am

perpetual3 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:17 am
I use wavesfactory spectre for my bass enhancement/saturation.
Hey perpetual3, thanks for sharing. What is it you like about that plugin?

Joe
denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.denise.io

User avatar
Denise.Audio
KVRist
196 posts since 22 May, 2018 from Berlin

Re: The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:57 am

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:58 pm
Ahh, so that's just low-frequency saturation I've been doing myself. This technique requires no dedicated plugins whatsoever...
Hey DJ Warmonger, thanks for sharing. These plugins can help speed up the process of bass enhancement, especially when you have so many other things to do in a mix-down or when you're in the flow of a session. Although we know not everyone will see the value in it.

Best
Joe
denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.denise.io

User avatar
Denise.Audio
KVRist
196 posts since 22 May, 2018 from Berlin

Re: The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

Post Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:18 am

VitaminD wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:02 pm
Your website is frustrating. I was interested in Bass XL (and a few other effects) after seeing this thread (and the article earlier today). I went back this evening to find Bass XL on your website.

But I could not for awhile. I kept looking and looking. Eventually I discovered I have to scroll and scroll until I get to a 'view more' button which then I have to click a couple of times and scroll further to finally find it.

Then, upon finding it, see I now have to create an account just to download a trial. :dog: No thanks. I closed out the page. It would make a lot more sense to have a top column with all of them listed or a drop down that has them listed (and can be clicked on to take you instantly to each respective effect's page).

And a non-login trial would be super nice.. I only want to share my info to yet one more company if I'm getting a full product as part of the transaction.
Hi VitaminD.

With regards to your point about the website, if you go to the page https://www.denise.io/plugins, hold your mouse over the small images of the plugins at the top and scroll right, you'll move through the list of all our plugins quite quickly and be directed to the dedicated page when you click on the image. Some users find this list more accessible than a regular drop down list.

Also, you can choose to opt out of all email communications if you like, but if you do sign up, you'll get news of plugin releases before someone who doesn't receive emails.

Best
Joe
denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.denise.io

Return to “Production Techniques”