Twangström Public Beta (Update: rev 8131)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im playing around with this one and i love it, its a bit sad that its not as flexible as digital reverbs and its not useful if your main sound has a focus to be big. But nevertheless quality is insane, it does feel like a real space, playing with it i felt like in a metal garage :)

3ee wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:23 pm You can choose: "Out: Out Gain" from the mod matrix... you can basically turn TwSt into a compressor or distortion unit! ;)
Sadly no, this only affects the verb signal and not the dry signal.
There could be a third option for this: in/out/mix

joe_b wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:41 pm
3ee wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:23 pm You can choose: "Out: Out Gain" from the mod matrix... you can basically turn TwSt into a compressor or distortion unit! ;)
it only affects the wet signal if you use the "amp modulation" (within the LCD area near the springs)
if you pick "Out: Out Gain" from the mod matrix below, it will affect both! Use the dry-wet mix then to blend...

Is there no au yet, only vst?
Prairie doggin'

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:56 pm
dennisjr wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:31 pm Got this when trying to load the T-Wang in Maschine.
Win 10, 64-bit.

Don't install plugins in Program Files folder!
That's a really bad idea. At the very least, put the .data folder outside of it, because that folder needs write access, and Windows isn't giving that write access to any random program, if the folder is within Program Files.
Really ?
I have always had all my plugins there.... That's where Steinberg defaults them too (subfolders in there) including vst3's too or am I misunderstanding you?
My vst defaults to I believe C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins'
per https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... on-Windows

but indeed my u-he Data folders are elsewhere.
rsp
sound sculptist

Bravo! :clap:

Anyone want to buy a Koma Elektronik Field Kit FX and a pair of spring tanks? :hihi:

I was already thinking about letting them go, since I have a Chase Bliss Dark World on the way and that's got a spring mode that sounds good in demos.

I managed to whip up a preset that sounds pretty similar to the FKFX with Accutronics 2EB2C1B spring tank and minimum feedback. I can tell there's a difference when I A/B them, but figuring out which is which is a real challenge. At one point I started messing with settings on Twangström and wondered why nothing changed, before realizing I was still routing to the hardware. :hihi:

Da ich Colour Copy schon habe ist das Feder Hall Reverb von U-HE natürlich ein muss.
Ich finde die Preispolitik von U-HE sowieso am besten von allen Herstellern.
In der Betaphase kann man es günstiger kaufen und danach nie wieder.
So werden die treuen Kunden die gleich kaufen belohnt.
Find ich super.
Wer es danach billiger will kann es ja gebraucht kaufen.

So verlieren die U-HE Plugins keinen Wert auf dem Gebrauchtmarkt und die Preise bleiben stabil.

Zu 90% kaufe ich eh Plugins gebraucht, weil es gibt ja keine Abnutzungsspuren wie bei Hardware.

Außer U-HE Plugins kaufe ich als neu.
Hatte schon alle U-HE Plugins.
Jetzt hab ich nur noch:

- Diva
- Hive
- RePro
- Satin
- Presswerk
- Coulour Copy
- Twangström

ZebraHZ kaufe ich mir wieder.
Aber gebraucht. 300€ neu ist überzogen.
Soviel hat mein Behringer Neutron gekostet.

Bazille und ACE gefallen mir nicht.
Virtuelles Strippe ziehen nervt mich.
Das mach ich lieber real. Geht schneller und klingt besser. Die PD vom Bazille gefällt mir eh nicht. Ich brauche modernen Analog Sound.
Scotty's Arrival

3ee wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 pm
joe_b wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:41 pm
it only affects the wet signal if you use the "amp modulation" (within the LCD area near the springs)
if you pick "Out: Out Gain" from the mod matrix below, it will affect both! Use the dry-wet mix then to blend...
Now I get what you mean. Yeah, but then I lose one modulation slot. I already modulate LFO rate, filter frequency and spring tension in my patch ;)

^ yes, I know that modulation slots are precious here! Would also like a switch within the "amp modulation" section for this extra flexibility.

Great fun!! :tu:

154 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:56 pm Is there no au yet, only vst?
You might be on High Sierra, or Mojave.
Just reboot your Mac, so your host becomes aware of the new AU plugin.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Just bought. It's great on synths. Been making presets.

Is there a way to lock the LFO to tempo that I'm missing?

It should lock automatically once you have choosen a beat division.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Baught!
So much fun. It really sounds special. Even on drums. Lovely.
...and so much unknown territory.
Chapeau, u-he!!!

zvenx wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:59 pmReally ?
I have always had all my plugins there.... That's where Steinberg defaults them too (subfolders in there) including vst3's too or am I misunderstanding you?
My vst defaults to I believe C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins'
per https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... on-Windows

but indeed my u-he Data folders are elsewhere.
rsp

Yes. Steinberg's default in Program Files is horrible disobedience in following Microsoft's programming guidelines, coupled with some plugin vendors putting config files in the same folder where the plugin is (which demands write access). This stuck with them since the 90s and they never changed it since. VST3 is a bit different, goes into Common Files within Program Files.

In any case, Steinberg screwed up royally here. VSTs should go outside of Program Files, period.

Return to “u-he”