SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

mellotronaut wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:42 pm the mapping with the ST4 nylon guitars is wrong (some layer is right, some two octaves down) in the upper octave in my installation. anybody else with this problem? do i have to buy some more download for the samples or is there another solution?
Raise a Support Ticket so that IK Multimedia can investigate and resolve it.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

mellotronaut wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:42 pm the mapping with the ST4 nylon guitars is wrong (some layer is right, some two octaves down) in the upper octave in my installation. anybody else with this problem? do i have to buy some more download for the samples or is there another solution?
If you find you need to adjust the range of the instrument, try the Transpose function in the main page of SampleTank 4. This will allow you to use your normal MIDI notes that you're used to an let SampleTank 4 do the rest of the work.

Do note, when writing guitars, I suggest using the Strummer. Check out this video from Ill Factor on this feature below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl1e3sW6s1E
derek wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:25 pm well, fact of the matter is, i like some of the sounds. and i dont have any issue with a certain quirkyness. i.e. a great thing about ik multimedia stuff is that you dont get the "heard that before" effect (a problem with NI and spectrasonics in particular) that much. and when youve been doing this for a ridiculous amount of years and your sample library has grown into ridiculous size, "proven warriors" in your library become rather valuable if youre working on a schedule, and i just happen to have a rather precise memory of what is where and how it sounds, particularly regarding the legacy library. because i used to use that stuff very often. lets not forget that sampletank back in the day was pretty innovative, was the first to really fill a giant gap (no workstation-ish "whatever sound youre looking for, i have it" VSTIs) and also apparently had employed people with better taste in the studio, cause the ST samples certainly had more flavour and character than many of the other early all-around-library attempts of the day.

but yeah, this is a total mess. they need to get that download manager done asap. this gaffa tape chaos is pretty much unacceptable in 2020, and im sure they know that too.
Glad to hear you love the sounds. We are working on just that. Stay tuned for more information in our newsletter. We should have some interesting news on a download/authorization manager coming soon.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/

derek wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:45 am i submitted a ticket, but given the current anecdotes about reaction times, id also be happy to sort this out with peter.
Send me a PM with your ticket number. I'd be more than happy to see how I can help.

I personally love the SampleTank 3 and older sounds. SampleTron is one of my go-to libraries. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who loves those flutes enough to import em'. :ud:
Hellfog wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:10 pm I recorded midi with another plugin dragged it to sampletank, I could bearly hear the audio at all. I recorded directly from Sampletank everything was fine there with volume, I even glued together midi file from random plugin and sampletank together, only Sampletank was audible.

what is the problem?

Windows, Reaper, newest version of sampletank 4
That's odd, open a ticket and send me the ticket number in a PM. It might also be worth checking the MIDI Velocity and clips for anything unusual after being inserted.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
glokraw wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:49 pm The new strummer, arpeggiator, effects section additions,
and acoustic guitar sounds pretty much hit the $70 zone,
plus you keep ST3 for times you want it, and those sounds
are also integrated in V4.
You're in to the next generation of sampling
across the board. And you might get the Spaceport '77 gift
for the free or paid Syntronik, a very versatile soundset,
more than the name implies. I'm very happy with the improvements.
Cheers
Glad to hear you enjoy SampleTank 4! The Strummer and Arpeggiator made the switch from SampleTank 3 necessary for me. They bring so much quick potential to older sounds. :D
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Sampletank - we give you 20 nylon guitar sounds --
-nylon with reverb
-nylon with chorus
-nylon dry
-nylon with distortion..
-and twenty other variations that are pretty much THE EXACT SAME THING. Am I really such an idiot that I can't figure out how to add a little more reverb or less to your sounds? And that's how Sampletank gets to their many thousands of sounds. Stupid.

Then Sampletank will give you an electric guitar that is like 8gigs with only 2 different pluck modes. If I'm going to be loading an 8 gig sound, I'll fire up Kontakt and a good multi playing style library from Amplesounds, or Orange or you get the picture.
Of course then Sampletank needs to give you 10 of that same guitar with various effect options as above.

I used to use it as a fast relatively good sounding workstation type sounds but now they are trying to become something that is more like bloatware to me, with some sounds taking forever to wade through and load.

I got version free with some keyboard of theirs that I bought. After taking hours and hours to download and install(max version) it sits on another drive unused. I'd gladly sell it but apparently you can't since it came bundled with hardware.

I find Halion much more useful for workstation type sounds. Plus I'm sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong, but isn't sampletank not fully programmable soundwise?
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

Ryan_IK wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:35 pm Glad to hear you love the sounds. We are working on just that. Stay tuned for more information in our newsletter. We should have some interesting news on a download/authorization manager coming soon.
Hey Ryan, I wanna buy ST4 MAX but as you know these are difficult times, I am in lockdown due to corona & don't know when I will be able to go to my office where bandwidth & speed is good.

So I am worried whether I will be able to properly download huge ST4 MAX sounds before your given time limit due to this lockdown.

Would IKM please consider waiving their 180 days for sounds download restriction?
Especially in these tough & unpredictable times? Or at least give us an idea about a stable 'Resume' enabled download manager or something.

You seriously need to consider waiving off time limit at least for ST4 MAX.

My purchase depends upon it. Please reply soon (Before your sale ends on 30th April)

I have twitted IK's handle couple of days back, no answer from them. At least you reply.

At least acknowledge that I have raised a legit request.

Thanks.

musicdoc wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:12 pm Sampletank - we give you 20 nylon guitar sounds --
-nylon with reverb
-nylon with chorus
-nylon dry
-nylon with distortion..
-and twenty other variations that are pretty much THE EXACT SAME THING. Am I really such an idiot that I can't figure out how to add a little more reverb or less to your sounds? And that's how Sampletank gets to their many thousands of sounds. Stupid.

Then Sampletank will give you an electric guitar that is like 8gigs with only 2 different pluck modes. If I'm going to be loading an 8 gig sound, I'll fire up Kontakt and a good multi playing style library from Amplesounds, or Orange or you get the picture.
Of course then Sampletank needs to give you 10 of that same guitar with various effect options as above.

I used to use it as a fast relatively good sounding workstation type sounds but now they are trying to become something that is more like bloatware to me, with some sounds taking forever to wade through and load.

I got version free with some keyboard of theirs that I bought. After taking hours and hours to download and install(max version) it sits on another drive unused. I'd gladly sell it but apparently you can't since it came bundled with hardware.

I find Halion much more useful for workstation type sounds. Plus I'm sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong, but isn't sampletank not fully programmable soundwise?
Sorry to hear of your feelings here. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions, but there are way more then a couple guitar sounds and tonal capabilities with those sounds in SampleTank 4. Personally I find utilizing these with the Strummer section gives me quick, natural sound, very hard to design on-the-fly elsewhere. With the new streaming engine I can fully utilize my SSD drive to load sounds faster then ever.

Please see the full list of Instruments included with SampleTank 4 MAX, SampleTank 4, SampleTank 4 CS, and SampleTank 4 SE here

As for your question, SampleTank 4 allows control over almost any aspect of the sounds in the EDIT and MIXER pages. The EDIT page's Modulation Matrix is very in-depth and allows for even more control compared to SampleTank 3. I'm not sure what edits you're looking for exactly, but on top of control of the main SampleTank 4 sounds, the SampleTank 4 Editor will allow you to fully control any samples you want to import. Hope this helps.
scatman84 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:20 pm Hey Ryan, I wanna buy ST4 MAX but as you know these are difficult times, I am in lockdown due to corona & don't know when I will be able to go to my office where bandwidth & speed is good.

So I am worried whether I will be able to properly download huge ST4 MAX sounds before your given time limit due to this lockdown.

Would IKM please consider waiving their 180 days for sounds download restriction?
Especially in these tough & unpredictable times? Or at least give us an idea about a stable 'Resume' enabled download manager or something.

You seriously need to consider waiving off time limit at least for ST4 MAX.

My purchase depends upon it. Please reply soon (Before your sale ends on 30th April)

I have twitted IK's handle couple of days back, no answer from them. At least you reply.

At least acknowledge that I have raised a legit request.

Thanks.
There is a USB version to help with the installation process. This can be found both from IK direct and dealers.

180 days should be enough time to grab your sounds, but if you do find yourself unable to get your sounds in this time, contact our support team. We are more than happy to look into each case and how we can help.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

I'll make sure to check in with the team about your social post in the meantime. We normally get back pretty quickly.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

hi short questions i bought sample 4 max and i love it :)

the new expansion is not included in the sampletank 4 max or ?
like spaceport 77 , calivube, alternate keys or ?

but one questions the total amount is 248 GB
but on the site the say its over 260 GB

so iam missing 12 GB sounds ? or is this because are compressed files ?
i double check i install all the sounds

how big is your folder on the hardrive ?

D.K Envelope wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:38 am
the new expansion is not included in the sampletank 4 max or ?
like spaceport 77 , calivube, alternate keys or ?
The expansions were not included in the original ST4 Max release. IK did a giveaway of Spaceport for users a while back, but all are listed for sale on the website now.

I would contact support with your questions...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

thank you i contact the support 2 weeks ago no answer

have anyone sampletank 4 max and can say me what the total amount is on your folder
that would really help

I did notice the same thing. There should NOT be a need for a ticket, it is easy to see that there is a "displaced" octave of notes in there. If there is a reason for it, fine, IK should explain that to us.

I DO notice that with a very light touch, the proper notes ARE there, normal touch plays an octave lower. Reason to be that way? or no? I would prefer the right progression of notes (with normal touch).

It seems wrong and out of place to me. Quality control should see these things, - not relying on the customer as a beta tester to find the goof-ups. There are far too many instruments and patches in ST4 (MAX here) to go through and find these things - until the day you go to use that "one".

I LOVE IK Multimedia and their plugins (ST4 included) when all the dust clears, don't get me wrong, but I have eaten plenty of dust in the case of ST4.

D.K Envelope wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:17 pm thank you i contact the support 2 weeks ago no answer

have anyone sampletank 4 max and can say me what the total amount is on your folder
that would really help
Hi, in my ST4Max backup folder, I have 90 .zip archives,
at 154.4 gig...just sounds

There are four installers there, (my choice) each is 5.2 meg,

The 1.5 Sounds Update is an extra 3.4 gig
Spaceport 77 is an extra 3.7 gig

I may have missed any updates in the last few months.
Cheers

thank you "glokraw"

I think the total advertised GB count for ST4 Max = ST4 + ST3 content. So reported numbers from the compressed zip archive installers should be less (compressed). And if someone already had the ST3 installed, they probably would not bother downloading that content again. And possibly not everybody downloaded everything available. So arriving at an exact number based on individual experience may be difficult.

I have about 290GB total in my installed folders for ST3 + ST4, but that includes Syntronik, Miro 2 CE, and the Spaceport addon. Minus some loops and other content I didn't bother with.

thank you to

zzz00m wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 pm And possibly not everybody downloaded everything available.
:wink: :x Are you implying I didn't download
the Baroque Tuba and the Hand Carved Balsa-wood Bassoon? :x :wink:

glokraw wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:00 am
zzz00m wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 pm And possibly not everybody downloaded everything available.
:wink: :x Are you implying I didn't download
the Baroque Tuba and the Hand Carved Balsa-wood Bassoon? :x :wink:
I think I missed those too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Instruments”