SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Sorry, see my nest post. Can't delete this on my device.
Last edited by scatman84 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan_IK wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:22 pm
There is a USB version to help with the installation process. This can be found both from IK direct and dealers.

180 days should be enough time to grab your sounds, but if you do find yourself unable to get your sounds in this time, contact our support team. We are more than happy to look into each case and how we can help.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

I'll make sure to check in with the team about your social post in the meantime. We normally get back pretty quickly.
Ryan there's complete lockdown where I live, all courier companies are shut. Don't know when this all will open up fully.

How can I order USB drive in such a situation?

These are changing times and you have to acknowledge this. Why can't you at least convey to your company that people are already pissed about 180 days download limit so in these unpredictable corona / quarantine / lockdown times, you could do away with such a policy!!

At least give us some assurance about download manager before 30th april, so I can confidently buy ST4 Max.

Your twitter handle hasn't replied to my numerous tweets yet. I've even replied on their posts, they just ignore customers on tweeter i suppose.

I want to buy st4 max but current situation is not encouraging me to buy it at all.

Reasons -
1. Concern about downloading huge content and there is tine limit.
2. My country is in lockdown, courier services are closed.
3. I've limited internet speed at home, can't go office due to lockdown.
4. There is no news about download manager.
5. Your tweeter refuses to acknowledge any of my tweets and it's a legit request.

So how can I still convince myself to buy ST4 Max? I want to buy it but there are these above mentioned issues.

If I'm buying a product, then I should assured that I'll be able get it as per my convenience and according to my conditions.

I'm worried i may end up paying more money for my delayed downloads!!

You guys should acknowledge this.

i think you can for 10$ all sounds download again

D.K Envelope wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:00 am i think you can for 10$ all sounds download again
Exactly, that's not a really big deal. Just rubs some customers the wrong way. In the name of good customer relations, I would bag that policy if I was in charge over there. Just saying...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hey IK guy can you confirm if the Keys Pro 2 midi controller (not the I/o) can change presets in Sampletank 4 using the data knob? Thank you

vata44 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:51 am Hey IK guy can you confirm if the Keys Pro 2 midi controller (not the I/o) can change presets in Sampletank 4 using the data knob? Thank you
Yes, the DATA Knob on the iRig Keys 2 and iRig Keys 2 Pro will work to control SampleTank 4 and scroll though sounds.

If you're interested, make sure to check out the Fill your 'Tank promotion. During this promo, registering select IK controllers will unlock SampleTank 4. Make sure to check this one out today though, the deal end with the month of April.
scatman84 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:47 am Ryan there's complete lockdown where I live, all courier companies are shut. Don't know when this all will open up fully.

How can I order USB drive in such a situation?

These are changing times and you have to acknowledge this. Why can't you at least convey to your company that people are already pissed about 180 days download limit so in these unpredictable corona / quarantine / lockdown times, you could do away with such a policy!!

At least give us some assurance about download manager before 30th april, so I can confidently buy ST4 Max.

Your twitter handle hasn't replied to my numerous tweets yet. I've even replied on their posts, they just ignore customers on tweeter i suppose.

I want to buy st4 max but current situation is not encouraging me to buy it at all.

Reasons -
1. Concern about downloading huge content and there is tine limit.
2. My country is in lockdown, courier services are closed.
3. I've limited internet speed at home, can't go office due to lockdown.
4. There is no news about download manager.
5. Your tweeter refuses to acknowledge any of my tweets and it's a legit request.

So how can I still convince myself to buy ST4 Max? I want to buy it but there are these above mentioned issues.

If I'm buying a product, then I should assured that I'll be able get it as per my convenience and according to my conditions.

I'm worried i may end up paying more money for my delayed downloads!!

You guys should acknowledge this.
Thanks for your feedback here. I can certainly convey all of the messages to the team. If you have any troubles getting your sounds at any point, shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do to help.

Unfortunately, if your country has stopped courier services, I can't make any suggestions which require shipping. I can only offer the dealers link to help you find a local shop to pick one up. Understand the current global situation will have some users in situations where it might be hard to get hardware/software. We're more than happy to help how we can, but some factors, like a lock down are not things we can control.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/dealers/

As for your Twitter issue, we're normally very quick to reply. I'll bump the team when I can. Please send me a link to your tweet in a PM and I can see what happened.
D.K Envelope wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:17 pm thank you i contact the support 2 weeks ago no answer

have anyone sampletank 4 max and can say me what the total amount is on your folder
that would really help
Send me a PM with your ticket number and I'll take a look.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Hi Peter,

i own Sample tank 2XL and Sample Tank 3 Deluxe.
If I buy SampleTank 4 SE do i get the sounds from Sampletank 4 max included in my products ?

sacer wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:03 am Hi Peter,

If I buy SampleTank 4 SE do i get the sounds from Sampletank 4 max included in my products ?
I don't think I saw that deal on their site. I have ST3 and so was able to buy the crossgrade to Total Studio Max, and with the jam points I had it was just around $125.

But maybe as you have ST3 Deluxe (mine is the standard ST3) there is another offer there after you sign in on their website.

We have a bunch of great promotions running right now, read more here. Make sure to check them out now as a lot end today with April.

I don't see the one you're referring to. To avoid derailing the thread onto promotions, shoot me a PM with any other information you have and I'll be more than happy to see what I can do to help.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

I've purchased sampletank4 max yesterday.

during this time I've already experienced about 15 crashes both in reaper 6.0.9 running on latest mac ios version) and in standalone mode.

this usually happens either in phraser mode when I switch using my midi keyboard between different patterns or when I'm changing the current playing instrument during playback in reaper.

this is a bit frustrating as I already contacted support (before purchasing the product 4 days ago, on a different matter) and did hear back and I don't feel like communicating now with very slow to respond support.

during the last few weeks I've contacted: u-he, fabfilter, kazrog and Arturia and I usually got an answer within a few hours.

does anybody else experience such crashes ? I have many other plugins and I don't see it elsewhere.

this is a shame, this software got so much potential, the sounds are amazing (very organic and expressive), it's an inspiring compositional tool, so many great, unique and smart possibilities yet I fail to understand how after a year installation manager is not yet ready (I know it's getting there...but c'mon...), how so many people are having a bad experience with support and issues with the software.

so much potential in there, really, if this monster runs properly I may not need most of my other plugins, a genius piece software but with such basic things done wrong: stability, horrible installation process and (at least for many people) bad experience with support team.

so Peter and Ryan, I know you're trying to help with these issues but in addition to helping to escalate specific issues it will be beneficial to relay the feeling and frustration that many people share, in order the earn the trust of the customers. buying a new (and not cheap, I had to sell other plugins in order to fund it) software, making sure to install the latest version just in order to experience crashes every 15 minutes is a bad experience.

thanks.

nirm123 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:10 pm so Peter and Ryan, I know you're trying to help with these issues but in addition to helping to escalate specific issues it will be beneficial to relay the feeling and frustration that many people share, in order the earn the trust of the customers. buying a new (and not cheap, I had to sell other plugins in order to fund it) software, making sure to install the latest version just in order to experience crashes every 15 minutes is a bad experience.
Shoot me a PM with your ticket number. There are some slightly longer wait times with the current situation, but I'd be more than happy to see what I can do. We should be able to figure this out. Crashes with SampleTank 4 would not be a normal experience.

Exactly, that's not a really big deal.

It's infuriating after spending weeks trying to download and install ST in any of its confusing and contradictory versions. While I really appreciate Richard's attempt to provide support, I am currently have a very bad time getting help from another IK support tech. I am not asking for assistance in this post, but really have to advise at this point that I would warn anyone away from buying any IK products, despite being the owner of several (even if they can't be installed).

/venting done.

thanks a lot Ryan, I'll open a new case for the crashes and I'll PM it.

I just want to emphasize again that I was really shocked (in a good way) with the sounds and possibilities st4 brings, it's really one of a kind and it should be the leading product in the industry as far as I'm concerned (this is why I want to see the things I mentioned get sorted out, otherwise I wouldn't have cared but I really believe in the potential here).

Ryan_IK wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:36 pm

We have a bunch of great promotions running right now, read more here. Make sure to check them out now as a lot end today with April.

I don't see the one you're referring to. To avoid derailing the thread onto promotions, shoot me a PM with any other information you have and I'll be more than happy to see what I can do to help.
There are a lot of sounds from sampletank3 and sampletank 2XL in sampletank 4 MAX.
If i buy total Studio MAx 2 do i have nearly the same sounds, because i already have sampletank 2 xl
And are my old sampletank 3 and 2xl sounds included in sampletank 4 SE library if i own them, or do they differ in an old version (maybe in sampletank 4 library they are polished with new effects, macros etc)

sacer wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:10 pm
There are a lot of sounds from sampletank3 and sampletank 2XL in sampletank 4 MAX.
If i buy total Studio MAx 2 do i have nearly the same sounds, because i already have sampletank 2 xl
And are my old sampletank 3 and 2xl sounds included in sampletank 4 SE library if i own them, or do they differ in an old version (maybe in sampletank 4 library they are polished with new effects, macros etc)
Sampletank 4 MAX includes the sounds you already have, and ST4 SE does not.

But ST4 SE will let you include your current ST3 content paths. However you would need to import any existing ST2 libraries into ST3 beforehand so that they would be available as ST3 content in ST4, as there is no longer an import function in ST4.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”