Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Musical Gym wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:04 pm I may create an Instacomposer thread. Should it go in Effects or Instruments or Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)?
In Studio One it shows as an Instrument.
I think Instrument is the best fit, given the KVR categories. (then I look up and see this is under effects :ud: ) Oh well!
Too many DAWs and plug-ins

I recommend Instruments as in the Instrument forum "midi" is mentioned over three times as often.
search.php?keywords=midi&fid%5B0%5D=6
search.php?keywords=midi&fid%5B0%5D=1

Interesting, pluginboutique shows it under music theory tools.

Here's the link to new thread in Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=571539
Last edited by Musical Gym on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

I really wouldn't think to look instacomposer up as an instrument - by far the most logical place would look to be:

"Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.) - Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion"

it is far closer to a sequencer than to an instrument.

Last edited by Musical Gym on Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:15 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:17 am be interested on how you find nodal comparatively - nodal did not click with me when I tried it a while back - one of the things I liked about the video look at midinous was it seemed easier and more powerful than Nodal. But maybe I am misremembering - will demo both

I currently get more fun out of bespoke: https://www.bespokesynth.com ;-)
Opensource, a full daw if you want, may become a VST in the future, tons of interesting Midi tools, Python scripting... Great for generative things.

Cheers,

Tom
It took me a few days, but I just "discovered" Bespoke myself. Very reminiscent of the Bitwig Grid (but with a ton of MIDI tools). As far as I can tell, the only way to route the MIDI to another DAW (outside of Bespoke) is to use something like Loopbe. Neat stuff!

Yeah, the next update should make it much more usable with plugins etc., but yeah, it's really amazing and refreshingly different - and done by a super nice guy...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

fyi - I locked the Instacomposer topic as it was quickly getting off track.
I think this thread is more productive.

That first update 1.01 of InstaComposer is up at Plugin Boutique.
Drag and drop Midi works for me in Bitwig now.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:36 pm That first update 1.01 of InstaComposer is up at Plugin Boutique.
Drag and drop Midi works for me in Bitwig now.

Cheers,

Tom
AI aside 🙄 is there any advantage to this over the usual suspects including Scaler, Orb, etc. ? I uninstalled the previously released WA Insta plugs for better less fiddly alternatives.

Try the demo.
I find it the first of theirs that is at least interesting, the others I found a mess.
Not completely sure yet if it fits my kind of music.
It tends to be a bit hectic for my taste, even at population 0, so I run it very slowly... ;-)
I don't think it's a must have.
Also not sure how much "intelligence" there is in there...

Still testing.

If it would be updated as constantly as Scaler, it could become quite interesting over time, but WA was never known for constant improvements so I don't have my hopes up too much in that regard.

Cheers,

Tom

fyi - response from WA Production to my question :

Instacomposer: Artificial Intelligence or Midi Files Database?

We are glad that Plugin Guru reviewed InstaComposer, but they are totally incorrect with the assumption that it is just a box loaded with MIDI loops - that is not how IC works. Each melody interacts with each other to get you the best results. We spent a HUGE amount of time on working on this algorithm and we will keep updating it. So to answer your question - do not be worried. IC is surely not a database of MIDI loops. I believe we know this better than John..

I'm glad to see that the development of this product is being maintained. The past INSTA products were not good, but InstaComposer is a good product.
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:07 pm Try the demo.
I find it the first of theirs that is at least interesting, the others I found a mess.
Not completely sure yet if it fits my kind of music.
It tends to be a bit hectic for my taste, even at population 0, so I run it very slowly... ;-)
I don't think it's a must have.
Also not sure how much "intelligence" there is in there...

Still testing.

If it would be updated as constantly as Scaler, it could become quite interesting over time, but WA was never known for constant improvements so I don't have my hopes up too much in that regard.

Cheers,

Tom
Roger that. Thx Tom. I always appreciate your insight. :tu:

I have had Arturia Pigments for quite a while and am very impressed with the sequencer/arpeggiator that is built in to it. I thought it would be cool for Arturia to sell it as a standalone VST. D'oh! I could have just routed Pigments output to a MIDI track all along :dog: . Thanks Venus Theory for the tip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0rSIbJ696U

Return to “Effects”