RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Just bought it, great job!
Always Read the Manual!

sick skin. the purple is king!

Beautiful
Very inviting .
i am not owning Hive , but it' makes me to want it.

Amram wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:29 pm Beautiful
Very inviting .
i am not owning Hive , but it' makes me to want it.
Actually, before creating the skin, I had little interest in Hive. But wavetables brought, Hive is now really a killer synth. You should try it (and my skin)! :phones:
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

Opening up all the effects onto a straight line is a good idea. And I love the inactivity indicators, quite useful!

The included soundset is versatile as well. Great work all around!

you have really taken this to the next level, I love the Wavetables and the layout is amazing.
very happy with the purchase
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

This should be the default skin for Hive. Seriously! :clap:

Oh my god. Really, this is a new synth. This really cracks Hive open and makes it much more fun to use. Awesome! Great! Can't find words.

Probably I will have to buy your other Skins now, too :)
U-HE + Plugmon = WIN WIN WIN

:clap:

dermage wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Do it! The Aiko skin for Diva opens up the synth in much the same way!
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 pm

I suspected it :ud:
Anyway, I love those worklflow improvements. I also bought the Volta skin, but couldnt work with it. So nice that plugmon has demos where you can check out the worklflow first. Also the support seems really good and quickly adapting to new versions. Money good invested I think. Thanks again to plugmon, thats awesome stuff you do.

dermage wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:00 pm
PieBerger wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 pm

I suspected it :ud:
Anyway, I love those worklflow improvements. I also bought the Volta skin, but couldnt work with it. So nice that plugmon has demos where you can check out the worklflow first. Also the support seems really good and quickly adapting to new versions. Money good invested I think. Thanks again to plugmon, thats awesome stuff you do.
The support is great. I found a bug in Eclipse and a new version was issued on the same day!
Always Read the Manual!

I finally had time to install and try Eclipse.

I found an issue with it. In the preset browser, using the arrow keys to step through the presets is slow. Use arrow down and there is a short delay before the preset switches. It is not like that in the regular skin.

I'm on latest OSX using Bitwig.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:26 am I finally had time to install and try Eclipse.

I found an issue with it. In the preset browser, using the arrow keys to step through the presets is slow. Use arrow down and there is a short delay before the preset switches. It is not like that in the regular skin.

I'm on latest OSX using Bitwig.
If the delay is like below, it's a global issue when loading wavetables.The original skin has that lag, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U0vuzyJZ3Q

This also happens when switching preset by clicking next/prev buttons. When a uhm file is loaded, Hive in realtime generate a wavetable by interpreting the script, which result in this loading time.

(Edited; because u-he guy taught me why there's delay)
Last edited by plugmon on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

U-he should hire you.

Finally got Hive and this skin/soundset. Love the soundset. Really great sounds in there, great wavetables too! Well worth the price of admission right there.

In regards to the GUI, the purple text on black really just doesn't jive with my eyes (not enough contrast maybe), and the flat, gray GUI doesn't do the layout changes justice IMO. WOuld love to see a variant with a color scheme closer to the default version of AIKO. Thinking: bottom panels in white, white or light blue text on black up top. But really, anything other than purple on black would be an improvement IMO.

Again, love the layout changes and sound, but would look very forward to some alternate GUI options like AIKO or the Zebra Massive Modular skins. Wonderful stuff overall!

Return to “u-he”