2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:37 am ^It's called the Behringer MS1 now ;)
Cool beans! Not even Thomann knew about that. But then again - they are hardly the source of current information.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:44 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:37 am ^It's called the Behringer MS1 now ;)
Cool beans! Not even Thomann knew about that. But then again - they are hardly the source of current information.

/C
It's odd. Most stores have it listed as the MS101 still but the manual says MS1. I'm curious to find out the truth.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Welp. Just sold a couple of modules within minutes of putting them on Reverb, rearranged my case a little, and preordered a Rossum Panharmonium.

:clap: :tu:
I had a feeling you would.
I think a bit out of my spending capacity
but ... never know when the lottery comes in... :pray:
hang on.. you gotta be in to win :dog:

I wanted a reverb hardware unit and was deciding between the equally excellent Empress Reverb and GFI Specular Tempus.
Then I saw that Empress have just brought out a new multi-fx unit called Zoia, which includes a couple of their great Hall and Plate reverbs plus a couple of okay ones.

So I did the only sensible thing: I bought Specular Tempus for its beautiful Shimmer, Anti-Shimmer and Infinity reverbs, and I bought the Empress Zoia for its all-round brilliant modulation and creative fx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VczmqKU ... XhAwVTBCbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMPDP64YO7E&t

Now I am broke but happy :hihi:

ps, I'm not the bloke in that YT video (but he gives good advice).

that empress is one of the more interesting oedals to come out in recent years.
it's on the list, one day!

saw it at namm and was amazed just how much they got in there 8)

I have to pretend like the Zoia must have a terrible unusable interface, just to convince myself not to check it out. :lol:

I thought hard about the Specular Tempus a while back though. It sounds lush!

But I feel like my delay and reverb needs are basically covered (not that this is going to keep me away from Valhalla Delay). I'm thinking of letting go of my Afterneath and MS70CDR, but I'm just not sure what I'd put there.

I wish I hadn't seen that Zoia video... I am eradicating the effected brain cells immediately

However, in the meantime I added a few weee thingies to me 104hp...
Another disting, a buzzing wasp_filter, erica_pico_eg and an fss mixer... about 30hp left in this first rail... :D

edit.. and yes vurt... another load'O'cables 13, (5 stackables)

i :love: my wasp filter :)

contemplating a second at some point :hihi:

im still, yes still! waiting on my lyra8fx.
it arrived in the uk, on the 22nd of march.
its finally made it as far as liverpool.
now waiting on me to pay the customs fees before being sent out...

im now waiting for a bill, that considering they sorted the charges on the 4th of april, im pretty sure the bill could have been sorted by now :bang:

absolute thundercunts :x

vurt wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:10 pm i :love: my wasp filter :)

I have total empathy with the wasp..
unpredictabe.. somewhat crazy..
and wonderfully unstable...

suits YOU sir

:lol:

vurt wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:13 pm im still, yes still! waiting on my lyra8fx.
it arrived in the uk, on the 22nd of march.
its finally made it as far as liverpool.
now waiting on me to pay the customs fees before being sent out...

absolute thundercunts :x
yeah.. I've been tracking your threats posts like a fedX parcel ;)

today i had a demo/play from the arturia microfreak and for not being an arturia lover (except for the matrixbrute) it is an amazing little synth! sound palette is huge and really fun to play with.
minilogue xd is a little more standard but sounds awesome and is also alot of fun doing traditional sound design.

Just ordered a Seymour Duncan P-Rails pickup to put in the neck of my Telecaster. Will put it in with the rail facing the neck rather than the bridge so that I can get the mellowest sound I can from the rail.
Sweet child in time...

Still waiting for my rig, delayed due to Synthplex apparently. Paid for the Magneto today finally.
Seems they have a rule that forbids vendors from allowing you to add it to your cart. :roll:
So you have to be billed for it separately. Also, they ran out them along with the bitbox.

Anyway, on its way Thursday hopefully. I am enjoying the Vermona module quite a lot
in the meantime.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”