U-He plugins are very sluggish on Live 10.0.5 and Mojave 10.14.2

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Presswerk

When I'm trying to use U-he plugins (Repro 5 &1, Hive) with the above Live and Mac OS versions, the knobs respond really really slowly, with a beach ball after almost every turn of a knob. Non U-He plugins behave just fine.
Is this a known issue?

This might be related to this:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=505734

Not sure. The last post suggests trying a Live 10.0.6 beta.

But also, does this happen with AU? Have you tried VST2?

Tried the beta - same thing.
Happens with both AU and VST2
Thanks URS!

Hmmm, that's news to us... hope we don't have to spend the next three months fixing after an Apple update :-/

It's working fine over here. Hive 1.2, Zebra 2.8

Tried on macOS 10.14.2 + Live 10.0.3, AU, Hive and Repro, they work fine over here.
(they also work fine in Logic)

They work fine in Logic but not in Live. Can anyone confirm "all good" with latest Mojave and latest Live?

Yes, they are working fine for me. 10.14.2 and 10.0.5

so I wonder what can it be?
it's only U-he plugins
only in Live 10.0.5 (and beta)
tried to rescan all plugins - same result

Might be something specific to your system or something in conflict.
When I'm in doubt whether it's my our developers fault, I do a clean install on a mac (on a partition on an external drive) and install only host + offending plugins. Takes 30 minutes and helps with the troubleshooting.

I just did today actually, because of melodyne. :) (it wasn't my fault, I'm amazing)

I also use 10.14.2 and Ableton Live 10.0.5 both on my MacBook Pro 2015 and Mac mini 2018. All plugins run perfectly and as expected.

Maybe do a clean install of Live and try it again. Use a tool like CleanMyMac or AppCleaner to delete Ableton Live (they make sure to deinstall all settings, plists, etc. of any selected app).

Those really don't do much. There's much garbage hidden in the OS, it will likely not help (judging by experience)

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:06 am Those really don't do much. There's much garbage hidden in the OS, it will likely not help (judging by experience)
They mainly delete the plist of settings which don't get deleted just by moving Live to the trash. I just checked CleanMyMac and it would delete plist, 6 additional folders + Cache for Live. :) I would try that first before completely reinstalling Mac. Especially as only Live is causing problems for eldigi.

I'm happy to try deleting plist and cache files before removing Live altogether..
can anyone suggest a list of files to remove?

removed the entire thing according to the instructions on ableton.com.
now scanning all plugins, keep you posted :)

Return to “u-he”