ArcSyn feature requests

Official support for: spcplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The randomization functions of ArcSyn make it a fantastic random tone/ambience generator. But the important missing element is a drone or latch feature. Of course you can just do this in the DAW but a dedicated button would be much easier.

So: Latch button please

Every synth should have a latch button, because when you're programming sounds your hand can get really tired holding the key. On the other hand, I just record some notes in the sequencer when that happens and put the sequence on loop. :wink:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I'm currently testing the demo of ArcSyn and have a few questions that could potentially be requests:

1) Is there really no way to modulate the main Unison detune slider? If not, this should definitely be added. It's such a cool feature and implemented so well. Would love to modulate this with an LFO or Envelope

2) Would love a way to link ALL the filter controls for the two filters, not just the Cutoff. This would be especially useful for unison sounds that you've panned left/right with one filter each

3) Is there no way to modulate the mod matrix levels? So I can't have an Envelope modulating another envelopes destination level? Or am I missing something?

4) Would also love to be able to modulate all ADHSR parameters (shape, time and levels)

I love the basic sound of this thing but am missing quite a lot of modulation routings and such. Strange to have so many modulation sources and such a complex LFO but not all that much you can actually modulate. Any plans on expanding on this?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Spot on bmanic, especially 2) and 4) IMHO. I also really like its sound, but these days [modular days?] modulation options are the key to innovative sounds. The old Roland subtractive synthesis paradigm with only a few modulation faders is, well, old and getting more old and boring.

One thing, though. One of the reasons I really like using Reaper is you can easily program automation and assign controllers for all the [exposed] VST parameters and modulate the sound that way if there's no other way. :tu: The only little perk is that it sometimes doesn't work as smooothly as you'd like it to, depending on the plugin.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Hello all,
I bought Arcsyn a couple days ago and really loving it (bought both extensions as well which are great and inspiring).
I'm trying to teach myself some sound design and found things that could "improve" or help me a great deal if they were possible (maybe they are but I couldn't find the info in the manual).
1. Possibility to bypass an OSC/Filter by clicking on its tag name (just like effects).
2. Possibility to bypass a modulation line (by having an on/off led at the end of each modulation line, replacing the numbers).
3. I noticed I wasn't able to automate "program changes" from my DAW.
4. Possibility to use the mousewheel(with and without shift) on more parameters (i.e: non rotary knobs) and on modulation levels !
5. Macro buttons in order to better play with ambient sounds
6. Have multiple layers ? (like in dune or rapid)

EDIT:
I'm adding another request: Linux VST support (pretty please ?!)

Sorry for number 6, had to :) ArcSyn is already capable of so much expressivity !
Thank you for this great synth ! :tu:

Hi!
I happened to see that the current preset page (and selected preset indication) gets reset upon pressing the controller keys, or with using preset next/prev buttons. Though sometimes it's not reset with consecutive selection of current preset, without interacting with the rest of UI or MIDI keyboard.
I'd rather wish the current preset stayed always indicated on current page
ArcSyn selection.PNG

Also small feature request (or a fix) - looks like ArSyn supports nested folders, but flattens the content and then mixes folder and file names instead showing files under folders
ArcSyn folders.PNG
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

xlab wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:39 pm I'm adding another request: Linux VST support (pretty please ?!)
+1 For a Linux compile request. I'm slowly trying to work in Debian 10 with audio instead of Windows 7, because of all the good developers who make Linux versions like Cockos Reaper, u-he, TAL, Airwindows, and others. The list of Windows/MacOS only plugins is getting smaller by month. :love:

A big thank you to each and every one of them. :tu: I would love to get rid of dependency on any proprietary operating systems, because they're losing their sh*t, and just adding more garbage upon previous garbage of no interest, use, or better performance and productivity [as some of them claim... :roll: ] to us content producers.

Cheers!

I would love to see at least a handful of algorithms or waveforms have a second shape parameter just like the Cobalt8 algorithms have. Ring modulation between oscillators and proper audio rate LFO modulation would also be nice. Using oscillators as modulation sources would even be better!

Korg Supporter wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:16 pm I would love to see at least a handful of algorithms or waveforms have a second shape parameter just like the Cobalt8 algorithms have. Ring modulation between oscillators and proper audio rate LFO modulation would also be nice. Using oscillators as modulation sources would even be better!
It's been such a long time since I've heard any news about the future of ArcSyn. Still one of my very favorite instruments. I do hope it keeps evolving!

make the parallel/serial filters a button, not a slider. there is no in-between signal, it's parallel, OR serial. also, please label which envelope is hardwired to what when I hover. thanks.

Return to “SPC Plugins”