Opening other project does not ask to save

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
title says it all, I guess.

I'm glad I noticed it without losing anything.

Besides that I'm having a lot of fun! :)

It's not a bug. MuLab does ask whether you want to replace the current project, not?

Oh, I see. Then it's at least "misleading". "Replacing" the project, what I understood as "opening another project" discards any unsaved changes without any warning or comment.

As an idea: Could you add a warning or change the button to be a "save and replace" button?

Yes, I think probably four clear options would be good:
- Open additional project
- Save then Replace current project
- Replace current project without Save
- Cancel

Most often, I only want one project open at a time. So I'll want to save then open the next project. Currently, this takes an extra, manual step.

Four options will make it a very wide dialog, not ideal.
Another option is to ask "Save before replace" after having clicked "Replace this project", but that's not ideal either. That said i do understand that the current situation also is not ideal, especially for a new user. I've taken note about this and will reflect/decide later.

The extra pop-up seems a common one in other software, to be fair - and it does make it very explicit.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Here is my proposal:

This is just a single dialog with a short question and
only few simple options

Code: Select all (#)

----------------------------------------------------
| Do you want to save before opening another project?
|
| [Save] [Don't save] [Open in new instance]
----------------------------------------------------
The [x] serves as the "Cancel" option.

Return to “MUTOOLS”