U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 pm I wonder how many twats have a dozen NI U-HI Bundles and waiting for sale to end?
Seriously? Not many. I'm convinced of that. :P

Urs wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:10 pm As I said, I don't know what NI's terms are in respect of this. We certainly expected them to be strict, and we'll check our contract in that matter. It might be a beginner error, as we never did anything like this, but it still makes me quite unhappy. I can think of better ways to spend my time.
Hi Urs,

With much respect, I want to say a few words to you personally.

I always wanted to have u-he plugins in my collection, however, I could not afford them at their full price or sometimes I failed to prioritize getting them. And I will mention that, like many others, I don't make a single penny from music yet. But I have still purchased everything that I use over the past few years, be it new or here at KVR. This NI sale was a no-brainer to me, and I was extremely happy to get my hands on your amazing plugins. If it were not for this sale, I would have still probably not have had them.

Just like many others, I also bought the bundle at NI, but sold 3 plugins I thought I did not need. I did register 3 of them. I feel sorry for that, but I did not have money making intentions or really make anything out it. In fact, honestly, I did not know if this would be unacceptable or make anyone unhappy. On the contrary now, out of 3 plugins I sold I thought I don't need, I want 2 of them - Presswerk and Colour Copy. I can't afford them on their own, but I still see the NI sale as an opportunity. I think there might be a few others who would be in a similar situation.

I wanted to be transparent and thought to put this honestly right before you.

Regards,
LE

chk071 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:03 pm
Karbon L. Forms wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 pm I wonder how many twats have a dozen NI U-HI Bundles and waiting for sale to end?
Seriously? Not many. I'm convinced of that. :P
Pity that 'not many' also equates to 'too many'.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

chk071 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:54 pm Why suggest a motive that you can't be sure really applies though?
You are right. Assumptions on the motives of action of other people is always problematic. And seeing it a hundred times doesn't mean it is applicable the next time. Problem of induction. Still I think it is an exploitation of a sale in a way the seller didn't mean to happen.
Last edited by Hadrondrift on Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I guess companies will have to live with that, as long as they do such sales. There also could be bundle codes, instead of single redeem codes.

Microsoft is evil when they disallow the sale of volume licenses. See what i mean?

I'm still waiting to see what Sarah Command posts about this before I form an opinion.

:lol:

She's not about following trends though, she IS the trend. :P

Now this thread is turning into something more pleasing... :tu:

Trendy :hyper:

what did i miss?

U-he stuff is great. Even the free plugins they offer are alot of fun.

chk071 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:11 pm I guess companies will have to live with that, as long as they do such sales. There also could be bundle codes, instead of single redeem codes.

Microsoft is evil when they disallow the sale of volume licenses. See what i mean?

"...as long as they do such sales."

That's the big question. If you look at the marketplace right now, its still flooded with cheap licenses for bundled u-he goods. I can't imagine that's a good thing, even if it is a 2nd hand market.

I'm assuming its the same thing that happened with Fabfilter, when they sold a bundle of Twin2, Volcano2 and Timeless 2 for $99 on macupdate/mupromo (2009). After that, the 2nd hand value dropped considerably for any of those (which were held in high regard back then).

You can already see comments about people suspecting others will hold on to their license codes after the deal is over to charge more... which means, the 2nd hand value will likely remain what it is. That also means, people will be even less likely to pay full price.

So far with many of these sales through NI, there just hasn't been an issue like this (Sonokinetic, Soniccouture - who changed their resale policy at the same time, softube and some others I can't remember off the top of my head).

I obviously can't speak for u-he or any other developers, but I do know that if were in a position to say yes or no to sale like this from NI, I would have to think long and hard about that choice thanks to all of this.

oh thx to some greedy ***** on their desperate hunt for some small money, i expect to never get any sales actions in whatever form by u-he any more. i wouldnt even wonder, if urs is cancelling the whole license transfer/resale offers thing.

anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 pm oh thx to some greedy ***** on their desperate hunt for some small money
But, that's just your interpretation. As far as i understood it, neither Urs nor anyone else (at least i figure so) has a problem with people selling their double licenses. I also got rid of some double licenses here on the Sell & Buy forum, and even made a bit of plus in one case. Am i a greedy person?

What i can tell is that this sale, and the resale of licenses on the Sell & Buy forum brings out some... let's say... interesting behavior from some people. And i don't mean the sellers. Not that i'm surprised, not at all. U-he as a company always attracted a certain audience. I mean, the ones posting here. Not the thousands of home users which never show up here or elsewhere.

Return to “Instruments”