What plugin has never/improperly been done yet (and would be useful iyo) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

delete

Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:55 pm
jochicago wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:58 pm I'm still in the market for a low-CPU, very feature-rich channel strip. Ideally:
- Visual parametric EQ
- Multi-model saturation/drive
- 2 compressor stages (and multi algorithm: FET, OPTO, etc)
- gate/expander/ducking
- limiter/ soft clipper
- peak and RMS metering
- some track tools: widener, panning, phase/time corrections
voxengo voxformer/drumformer ?
Would you say either of those plugins matches all the items on my list? I don't have experience with them, but from the screenshots it doesn't appear to be the case.

For instance, Voxformer:
Does it monitor both peaks and rms? Not seeing an expander nor a limiter. Can it duck?

From the site:
> The coolest feature of Voxformer is its one-knob vocal compressor.
That's like the opposite of what I want in an all-purpose channel compressor. I'd like multi algos + settings, and togglable auto-gain.

jochicago wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:21 pm
Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:55 pm
jochicago wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:58 pm I'm still in the market for a low-CPU, very feature-rich channel strip. Ideally:
- Visual parametric EQ
- Multi-model saturation/drive
- 2 compressor stages (and multi algorithm: FET, OPTO, etc)
- gate/expander/ducking
- limiter/ soft clipper
- peak and RMS metering
- some track tools: widener, panning, phase/time corrections
voxengo voxformer/drumformer ?
Would you say either of those plugins matches all the items on my list? I don't have experience with them, but from the screenshots it doesn't appear to be the case.

For instance, Voxformer:
Does it monitor both peaks and rms? Not seeing an expander nor a limiter. Can it duck?

From the site:
> The coolest feature of Voxformer is its one-knob vocal compressor.
That's like the opposite of what I want in an all-purpose channel compressor. I'd like multi algos + settings, and togglable auto-gain.
Don't think it has all of that, it was just the closest i could think of to your list.
There's eventide and metric halo...

however since you have a very specific idea in mind, you could go the DIY Channel strip route tho, with
https://kilohearts.com/products/multipass
or
https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/hofa-system/mixbox/

A full fledged spectral delay with good fft size, overlap, and windowing settings along with full bpm sync abilities (basically a full replacement for NI spektral delay). Melda did the best one since spektral delay was discontinued, but since I still have spektral delay, the fact that it uses about 10 times the cpu with a much less useful GUI is kind of a bummer.
The discontinuation of NI spektral delay was based off of a licensing deal expiring. I’d like to see NI re license the DSP, or the DSP developer rerelease the original DSP with a slightly updated GUI (honestly, native 64-bit support and a slightly less blurry interface along with some more extreme fft size options would be enough). Even the input effects are pretty superfluous with the other stuff on the market. Or maybe Unfiltered Audio could license the old spektral delay and add it to the end of spec ops as another processing block that could be turned on or off. I wish more of the fft based stuff out there had feedback capabilities. Most everything else I want to do to a signal, I can do in at least 2 or 3 ways with what’s out there right now.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Not a plugin, but Dark Era looks like a library that hasn't been done (much if at all) before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iy-Erab6NQ

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:24 am A full fledged spectral delay with good fft size, overlap, and windowing settings along with full bpm sync abilities (basically a full replacement for NI spektral delay). Melda did the best one since spektral delay was discontinued, but since I still have spektral delay, the fact that it uses about 10 times the cpu with a much less useful GUI is kind of a bummer.
The discontinuation of NI spektral delay was based off of a licensing deal expiring. I’d like to see NI re license the DSP, or the DSP developer rerelease the original DSP with a slightly updated GUI (honestly, native 64-bit support and a slightly less blurry interface along with some more extreme fft size options would be enough). Even the input effects are pretty superfluous with the other stuff on the market. Or maybe Unfiltered Audio could license the old spektral delay and add it to the end of spec ops as another processing block that could be turned on or off. I wish more of the fft based stuff out there had feedback capabilities. Most everything else I want to do to a signal, I can do in at least 2 or 3 ways with what’s out there right now.
iZotope had one. Had. the Spectron. Seems like all spectral based delays died

MXR M82
There are some filter plugins that have decent envelope follower but they don't respond well to the bass imo.

A reel flange plugin controllable by something like aftertouch.

ontol wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:43 pm A reel flange plugin controllable by something like aftertouch.
that can be done in most DAWs now with stock plugins

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:36 pm Still waiting for a high quality spectral morphing tool between two sounds, as good as the morphing in Kyma. The few ones on the market are fun and pretty cool, but more like toys to mess around with. Still not up there in term of quality, they are all more like a cross synthesis & vocodish than true spectral morphing with amplitude an d pitch tracking.
Fully agree.

Those morphing tools i know are all too simplistic in their approach.
Perception of sound color is quite complex, never linear and sometimes almost paradox.
So, algorithms should be based on psychoacoustic models.

Ploki wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:44 pm
ontol wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:43 pm A reel flange plugin controllable by something like aftertouch.
that can be done in most DAWs now with stock plugins
But something like the tape flanger in U-he Satin is also a pretty gorgeous sound. I gotta stop trying out the U-he plugins before I can afford them...

subterfuge wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:30 am

But something like the tape flanger in U-he Satin is also a pretty gorgeous sound. I gotta stop trying out the U-he plugins before I can afford them...
yeah the delay is also good. i dont know why i always only use Satin as an exciter.

In logic you can assign a CC to any plugin parameter directl4

Algorithmic emulation of Tube-Tech SMC 2B Multiband Opto Compressor - this is what I've been waiting for for many years. I loved this device in the studio not only as a compressor, but also as nice colorbox and wanted to have it as a plugin.
I know about the Titanium from AA, but I am not interested in this technology due to too much computer resource consumption.

Ploki wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:47 am
Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:24 am A full fledged spectral delay with good fft size, overlap, and windowing settings along with full bpm sync abilities (basically a full replacement for NI spektral delay). Melda did the best one since spektral delay was discontinued, but since I still have spektral delay, the fact that it uses about 10 times the cpu with a much less useful GUI is kind of a bummer.
iZotope had one. Had. the Spectron. Seems like all spectral based delays died
There was also obelisk which also went the way of the dodo.

The Melda one is fully capable, but it’s replacing a super old plugin using well established technologies and it uses much more cpu without adding much if anything to the sound. He needs to step up his fft algorithms now that he has so many of them.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Vortifex wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:48 am A modern 64-bit modeled Ensoniq SQ-80 with a reworked UI.
This.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Effects”