Vendor license policy collection

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Strange. I have had a couple of good interactions (one was for license transfer) with Wave Alchemy in the last year and they were very responsive. On one occasion I had to follow up once, but it was because the person at the other end was not well.

Hope you sent your query through the contact form on the website. Hope the matter gets sorted out for you.

Last edited by fcamp on Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wave Alchemy has got in contact with me today. It seems that some emails they sent me didn't arrive. However, they have found an elegant solution that leaves all the parts happy. Regarding the license transfers of the new reverb plugins, for the moment, they are not allowed, but they are working on it. I am going to edit my previous posts to be fair with how the situation has ended.

Sonible

We do allow reselling of sonible license keys. Simply send an email to support@sonible.com containing the email address of the new owner and the license key you would like to transfer. We will then contact the new owner and pass all necessary details.
AudioThing|Cableguys|Image-Line|Klanghelm|Tokyo Dawn Records|Tritik|Valhalla DSP
Dmitry Sches|Surge Synth Team|u-he

I was thinking of selling my UVI Falcon, I'm a tad confused by their transfer policy though. It says this
Requests must be made using the Transfer License feature in iLok License Manager and are subject to a $25 fee per-license ($50 maximum fee per-transfer) by PACE
Who are paying the fee, the buyer after the purchase, or me during the transfer? Should I include the transfer license fee in the amount asked for?

YnJ wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:12 pm I was thinking of selling my UVI Falcon, I'm a tad confused by their transfer policy though. It says this
Requests must be made using the Transfer License feature in iLok License Manager and are subject to a $25 fee per-license ($50 maximum fee per-transfer) by PACE
Who are paying the fee, the buyer after the purchase, or me during the transfer? Should I include the transfer license fee in the amount asked for?
With ilok, the seller pays the fee as only they can initiate the transfer.
You need to make it clear if your sale price includes the fee.

agharta wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:34 pm You need to make it clear if your sale price includes the fee.
ok, thanks!

After UJAM licenses became NFR for second owner last year, they now charge $5 per license transfer service.

https://support.ujam.com/hc/en-us/artic ... t-be-done-
Waveform Pro 12.5.11, Windows 10

xhunaudio wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:54 pm license transfer is not allowed for Xhun Audio products
xhunaudio wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:54 pm I would ask not to buy "not-allowed" 3rd party licenses from unknown people.

Xhun Audio isn't in the business of selling - they lease.

And punish:
xhunaudio wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:28 am A resold license can be blocked at any time.

Recently discovered this one and it seems no one has shared it here.

Sonnox Oxford plugins can be transfered but also require a 25GBP fee on top of the ilok transfer fee.

Sonnox Toolbox plugins cannot be resold or transferred at all.

I noticed that Pigments says "Crossgrade - Cannot be sold separately" but I don't know which of my Arturia products counted for the crossgrade. If it was a "crossgrade from any Arturia product" does that mean I'd also have to sell one or all that I had before Pigments? I guess support would tell me exactly which product I crossgraded from? I guess it must have been Analog Lab Lite or something else I got for free, since I don't remember buying anything from Arturia before Pigments. But I read we're not supposed to be able to transfer freebies any more, so I guess that means my Pigments crossgrade is non-transferable? Oh well. Probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd known that.

Apparently Tracktion no longer allows license transfers. Only account takeovers.

i tried to sell a license of "Midi Madness". i used the developers' contact form and email address to get in contact with them. they didn't reply within 8 days to my requests. so i had to refund the buyer. the "Midi Madness" website doesn't offer an account. you just get a serial from the devs. so there is no way for an account takeover either.
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”