Error msg "Unable to open edit....."

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, back making music again and using T7,Win7 pro,Dell Vostro 8g desktop, 1T HDD. When I load an edit in T7 and try to open it I get the error message "Unable to open edit.The selected file could not be converted to the current project format.Please ensure you can write to the edit directory and try again". This happens in T6 too.All Tracktion edits have been transferred to my C drive via a Wavlink 3.0 usb docking station from a dead HDD that was using T2. I have full control as admins. so it can't be that? Does T7 have a permissions tab somewhere?Thanks for the help!!
All the thing's I've learned up till now I know.

Where are the projects being stored? If you put them in you "My Documents" folder, can you open them from there?

Hi dRowAudio, files are in the second desktop folder.If I right click on a Tracktion edit and choose open with T6/7 it opens and loads but that's when the error pops up.Another strange thing is,from any place in my computer if I right click a wav file and click properties/security the permissions area is grayed out.In all the years I used T2 neither of these problems ever occurred. Sorry for the long winded response :)
All the thing's I've learned up till now I know.

Return to “Tracktion”