Best ISP Limiters?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LoudMax

Since ISP limiting was created it has been kinda mediocre, still, recently I've seen they're getting better and better to the point they're very transparent (at least some of them).

What are for you people the best and/or the most transparent limiters when the ISP switch is ON? For me Loudmax seems to do a very good job.

FabFilter Pro-L2

Loudmax is probably one of the best if not THE best free one--but if you don't mind Spending Some Money then Limiter 6 by Tokyo Dawn Labs is a good one
Last edited by sleepcircle on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thes best limiters I've used that deal with ISPs are DMG Limitless and Nugen ISL2. I've tried many limiters and have many limiters. Those are the best to my ears. Limitless is nice because its multi-band and limits only the bands in a pretty transparent way but has a lot of control over the sound if want vibe. It also has a good quality clipper. ISL2 is just very easy to use and is very transparent. Also take a look at LVC Limited-Z/Max which also sounds very nice and has a lot of feature. Great price too! :phones:

Pro-L2 and Limitless here. Pretty transparent when not pushed too hard.
More BPM please

I have a bunch.. Ozone, Limitless, Stealth, Pro-L 1/2.

Pro-L 2 is the king.

Toneboosters Barricade 4. Does not break the bank and catches every ISP out there.

pro l2 and barricade v4.

personally, i don't mess with the fab filter stuff, leave that to the fab kids. the rest are good suggestions, i would also add IK stealth limiter. people who have tried a lot of limiters say it's the best, but i don't own it.

This is new territory for me, so forgive me if this isn't related but would this help? https://www.saintpid.se/en/isp-true-peak-limiters-test/

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:55 am personally, i don't mess with the fab filter stuff, leave that to the fab kids. the rest are good suggestions, i would also add IK stealth limiter. people who have tried a lot of limiters say it's the best, but i don't own it.
I don't think IK Stealth is actually the best, though my only point of comparison for "transparent" limiters is PSP Xenon. I foolishly sold Xenon recently, and when trying to replace it with Stealth in some projects with ambient organ-ish tones, Stealth would start noticeably distorting at much lower input gains than Xenon.

This is not to say that Stealth is crap, just that it's not particularly transparent. On sounds that have a lot of harmonic content, I find the distortion it imparts kind of pleasant actually, but it's not at all "stealthy." Of course, stealthiness is supposed to be one of its main selling points, so...

Anyway, I just thought it worth mentioning that even if a limiter is great at catching ISPs, that doesn't mean the sound quality will be exactly what you're looking for.

barricade 4 & psp xenon here. i use often SIR Audio Standart Clip before.

VitaminD wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:33 am This is new territory for me, so forgive me if this isn't related but would this help? https://www.saintpid.se/en/isp-true-peak-limiters-test/
Yes its a bit aged but nice list, specially if not much compression is needed can be taken as advice. But behavior is another story when wanted to push hard, still that list reminded me to try Voxengo again and glad I did.

Tokyo Dawn Limiter and iZotope Ozone

well, i'm also a barricade guy, but i use the venomode pivot, and it's a pretty transparent mastering kind of plug. i would imagine the maximal 2 should be on the list to. https://venomode.com/maximal

Return to “Effects”