Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great addition to Byome :tu:

I have to say with Triad out I still use Byome a lot as well, when I need no additional splitting mode or just for the awesome autogain control :phones: So having the option to import Byome Presets to Triad is a nice feature.

Looking forward to the Wide Mode for those and getting the last bugs resolved :phones: Still already in the current version my favorite plugins in a long time.

Haven't used Byome, but Triad looks damn interesting :hyper:

Symetry wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:35 pm Great addition to Byome :tu:

I have to say with Triad out I still use Byome a lot as well, when I need no additional splitting mode or just for the awesome autogain control :phones: So having the option to import Byome Presets to Triad is a nice feature.

Looking forward to the Wide Mode for those and getting the last bugs resolved :phones: Still already in the current version my favorite plugins in a long time.
Interesting, I didn't know Byome has an autogain feature.
Are there any other features that Byome has that Triad doesn't?

--deleted--
Last edited by graspee on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graspee wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:20 pm I have tried the mix control in Ableton Live and Reason and it's working fine: no effects heard on 0% but the sample rate still can be heard.
In FL Studio 20 it's broken and when mix is on 0% it is NOT just the dry signal.

My conclusion is that something about FL or Triad is broken such that Triad Mix control does not work in FL studio as it should and further to that the sample rate always changes the sound in all DAWs despite the mix being on 0% which is different to how the sample rate and mix control interacted in BYOME.
So, there are two different things that you are experiencing, neither of which are bugs:

1) The S. RATE knob crushes the dry signal in the frequency splitting modes. We do this because the dry signal has to be phase-corrected to work with the wet signal, so crushing both keeps everything in line. We should definitely add a note about this to the tooltip and manual. Our S. RATE controls always crush the sample rate of the entire plugin (i.e. not just a simple sample-and-hold on the incoming signal), and this was a tradeoff we needed for frequency splitting to work correctly with the dry signal. For a more predictable sample crushing operation, use the Bitcrusher BYOME effect.

2) In FL Studio, there is an absurd default setting that automatically sums all auxiliary outputs of a plugin with its main outputs. We ran into this issue previously with G8, which outputs "Reject Outputs" (i.e. the anti-gate) with the main output, making it sound like G8 wasn't doing anything in FL until you deactivate the outputs. Here, you are hearing all of Triad's auxiliary outputs (i.e. the per-band outputs) instead of just the main outputs.

I think putting a note about the sample rate control is a good idea since it works differently from in BYOME.

I also think you should put a note somewhere about the FL Studio outputs issue because I never would have realised that on my own.

Thanks for the info.

I did try one setting with Triad going in Reaper and killed my input amp\cab and literally had no signal. This might explain that

I was quite-shocked to read some of the comments about Trevor.

For the record, he's been extremely-honest, patient and very-polite when dealing with me through several support tickets over a period of 3 or 4 months. I couldn't find fault with the manner in which he handled my tickets if my life depended on it.

I just posted BYOME public beta 1.0.2 over in the other thread. These fixes will make their way into a Triad public beta build tomorrow.

Thank you, Michael!

Monkey Man wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:30 amI was quite-shocked to read some of the comments about Trevor.

For the record, he's been extremely-honest, patient and very-polite when dealing with me through several support tickets over a period of 3 or 4 months. I couldn't find fault with the manner in which he handled my tickets if my life depended on it.
So what do you think is that he confirmed in that message quoted earlier? It was a very straight, simple question (can monthly voucher be used to reduce Byome->Triad upgrade price), but the way he responded in unambiguous at best, if not outright misleading.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Local Man wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:18 pm
Symetry wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:35 pm Great addition to Byome :tu:

Interesting, I didn't know Byome has an autogain feature.
Are there any other features that Byome has that Triad doesn't?
Yes, the AutoGain Knob is by far my favorite, definitely check it out :tu: No otherwise I think Byome has no additional features of Triad. Still it's more easy on the CPU if you use many instances and don't require multiband processes.

thelizard wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:11 am I just posted BYOME public beta 1.0.2 over in the other thread. These fixes will make their way into a Triad public beta build tomorrow.
Thanks!
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

which daw's support multiple outs of inserts? bitwig i saw, reaper i have and can do it. cubase 10, reason 10.4, ableton live 10.1 suite can't do it (perhaps i overlook something within ableton).

thelizard that many daw's support it.

by the way i own cubase 10, reason 10.4, ableton live 10. suite, reaper and maschine 2.8.2

if it only can be done in reaper, i can do it in reaper. no prob. bought reaper escpecially for one plugin that won't work well in cubase, doesn't work at all in reason, in ableton, troubles... in maschine pretty well, but it is maschine (i love maschine, but it ain't a daw..)

Pretty sure there's two ways to do this in Live, one with multiple tracks and the other with the use of an effects rack and for instance compressor set the "listen to sidechain" with in the sidechain the auxiliary outputs of Triad.
Not behind my DAW right now, will check later.

Return to “Effects”