Idea for Presswerk: Integrated sidechain

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let's say you have a pad.
To get it flowing nicely, you wish to sidechain it. Get the pulse.
How great wouldn't it be if the sidechain corner of Presswerk had a button that would save you the hassle of making a kick drum sequence in a different track, and then route the whole thing to Presswerk in this first track?

Most often when I sidechain I don't really want that kick sequence for anything. I just want the pulse in the pad or in the track (not always, but most often).
Let's imagine that Presswerk had this button in the sidechain corner: You push it, and Presswerk fakes a kick sequence, synced to host. It doesn't give any sound, but it gives signals for the ducking.

Maybe there is also a divider button, where you can choose 1-6 (or 1-4), how many kicks you want per bar: 1 makes a duck only at the start of each bar, 2 ducks at 1+3, 4 ducks at 1+2+3+4 etc.

If you wish more complicated stuff, of course you can sidechain the traditional way.
But I think this could save a lot of time and hassle for really most of the sidechaining we do.

I don't really request anything, so I wouldn't call this a feature request. But it's an idea I had that I thought would be handy.
Last edited by krans on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cable guys volume shaper does this. Would be a useful feature to have in all compressors tbh but not at the expense of normal sidechaining

grandmasterbird wrote: ↑Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:43 am Cable guys volume shaper does this. Would be a useful feature to have in all compressors tbh but not at the expense of normal sidechaining
Not instead of normal sidechaining, no!
That would be awfully limiting.
Just as a quick solution for the most ordinary sidechains.

Not in Presswerk, but at the moment we're working on something could be used for such a task. More on that later, or around Superbooth...
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

sascha wrote: ↑Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm Not in Presswerk, but at the moment we're working on something could be used for such a task. More on that later, or around Superbooth...
Is that so?
Oh, you always make me happy. :phones:

sascha wrote: ↑Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm Not in Presswerk, but at the moment we're working on something could be used for such a task. More on that later, or around Superbooth...
Well, as my curiosity is sparkling, I just have to ask:
Could this have anything to do with the mystical Uhbik-C? :ud:

As my Kawaii-Metal daughter would put it: "Only the Fox God knows." ;)
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Return to β€œu-he”