Stuck note issue with Zebra 2

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This has been an ongoing issue which comes and goes. It's now a consitent problem with Zebra 2, but I've had a similar problem with LA Scoring Strings, along with some other VIs.

I suspect that my NI S-88 Mk1 Keyboard might be the culprit, although it only seems to be happening right now with Zebra 2:

All my NI software is updated, and I'm running Firware vs 72 (latest) for my S-88 Mk1 keyboard.

I'm using Zebra 2 as a plugin n DP9.52 (Mac OS 10.13.6). I just updated to Zebra v.2.8.0 but I'm still getting a stuck note issue. Whenever I play a note (especially a pad / long note) in DP, Zebra does not seem to get a 'note off' signal and the note(s) keeps playing.

This problem seems to first happen when I use the sustain pedal. I tried Zebra on its own in my template, with no other tracks enabled, and it seemed to work fine (no stuck notes). Then I experimented with the sustain pedal, and the problem came back. When lifting sustain pedal, the notes continued playing and I'd have to do a MIDI panic, then it would randomly sustain despite then not using sus pedal at all. It's as if using sustain once triggers weird messages and then Zebra keeps sustaining.

Anyone else have this issue, or any suggested solutions?

Thanks
Chris

The only idea I have about this is to check what values your sustain pedal is sending, e.g. with some MIDI monitoring tool or plugin.
Our plugins currently need a value of 0 to switch off the sustain.
However, there are some sustain pedals out there which never go down to zero.
Thus the plugin never receives the "switch notes off" message from the pedal.

Yeah sustain off should be any value from 0-63, according to MIDI standard. Doesn't seem like a too hard fix? :)

EvilDragon wrote: ↑Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 am Yeah sustain off should be any value from 0-63, according to MIDI standard.
And that's exactly what we did just a few days ago. So every future update will include this change.

EvilDragon wrote: ↑Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 am Doesn't seem like a too hard fix? :)
Haha, that's what I thought too. Until I started to find the bugs this little change caused. :wink:
We had to adjust stuff in different places of the framework code several times to make everything work everywhere.
When everybody is just like "oh, should be easy, no problem", that's usually when things start to go south. :hihi:

Ehehe. Well good to hear it's going to be fixed everywhere :)

Return to β€œu-he”