Hive 2.0 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

I can't even begin to imagine what Zebra 3 will be, after this jewel of a synth, and all the things u-he has learned after all these years of awesome plugins. I think it will be the pinnacle of software synthesizers. Can't wait. Until then, I'll keep having fun with Hive 2, RePro and Bazille. Urs, take my money for Zebra 3.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:47 am I can't even begin to imagine what Zebra 3 will be, after this jewel of a synth, and all the things u-he has learned after all these years of awesome plugins. I think it will be the pinnacle of software synthesizers. Can't wait. Until then, I'll keep having fun with Hive 2, RePro and Bazille. Urs, take my money for Zebra 3.
Urs did kind of set an insanely high bar for himself didn't he? :lol:

Stefken wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:55 pm
Butwug wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:50 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:57 pm Hope you have Hive in front of you.

Hope that helps!
Thanks once again!
+1 Thanks for your explanation.
Thank you F.E.T. for sharing your walk-through! I found your approach to understanding Hive 2.0's function generators very useful. Your special call-out to using "Constant" for the function generator input after its initial value of "None" has disappeared was invaluable and saved me much confusion. :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I am really digging this Hive update. One feature request I have for Urs and the U-he development team to implement for an upcoming Hive 2.x update would be an addition to the Hive 2 filter set of some kind of a vowel/formant filter. :pray:

Now I know we can just process the audio output from Hive 2 through an external formant filter plugin. However, having such a filter built into Hive 2 would introduce interesting possibilities that an external plugin just could not deliver -- courtesy of Hive 2's powerful and flexible modulation capabilities along with the visualization capabilities of the new scope tab.

I like playing around with the formant filters that are built into other synths; having one to play with in Hive 2 would make the synth even more fun to play with. :hyper:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Joe Leidigkeit wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:38 am So fast, so sophisticated, so easy, so versatile. Pure enjoyment. Totally stunned. :party:
Much wow!
Always Read the Manual!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:55 pm
Mystic wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:37 pm Kinda bummed they didn't do an intro price. I didn'y buy during the sale in winter because of that. :(
I think they've been very transparent about how the pricing of Hive 2 was going to work. I remember reading "Price stays $149, upgrade is $20, free if you bought after 1/22/2019" a few times. The idea was not to kill sales of Hive 1.0 completely. If they released 2.0 and sold it with a discount, anyone who bought recently would've felt slighted by not waiting. This was the best compromise and they told anyone who was interested how it was going to work. I mean, they could've raised the price to $175 then done a $149 intro price, but that's not ideal either and you're paying the same price in the end.

If you happen to know of any third-party resellers that offer discounts, you might be able to find Hive for a few bucks less than the U-he regular price. I know of a small US retailer that offers something like 15% discounts to KVR members for most purchases.
If you weren't following every single thread on Hive's development it's possible to have missed the memo on Hive 2 pricing, as it were, but I concur that it was brought up and discussed multiple times across multiple threads and imo it doesn't get much more transparent than that. My understanding is that intro pricing on u-he products is strictly for day one, v1 releases which is then followed up by fixed pricing, with no regular sales and low upgrade pricing. It's a bummer or anyone to have missed out this time but at least it will be more clear when Z3 comes around that intro pricing, unless explicitly confirmed by u-he themselves, won't be on the cards. Live and learn as they say!
Always Read the Manual!

DuX wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:45 pm I'm just going to say this: u-he is the only soft-synth company that has never made a synth that I was disappointed with. From sound, stability, memory usage, to GUI and usability, that's just how things should be. Most of the soft-synth companies should learn a thing or a dozen from u-he. I think that should be praised. ;) The effort, the expertise, devotion and professionalism like this deserves to be praised.

Cheers!
And let's not forget the simple and effective copy protection too. It doesn't makes you jump through hoops or install 3rd party crap. I feel respected as a customer.

I find it incredible that you can make copy protection all about you and not about a company trying to protect its hard work from less honest people.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

tuzemec wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:03 am
DuX wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:45 pm I'm just going to say this: u-he is the only soft-synth company that has never made a synth that I was disappointed with. From sound, stability, memory usage, to GUI and usability, that's just how things should be. Most of the soft-synth companies should learn a thing or a dozen from u-he. I think that should be praised. ;) The effort, the expertise, devotion and professionalism like this deserves to be praised.

Cheers!
And let's not forget the simple and effective copy protection too. It doesn't makes you jump through hoops or install 3rd party crap. I feel respected as a customer.
And a special mention for the generous demo conditions too. No short or long-term time limits, full save/recall on patches and inoffensive noise/crackling bursts with a long period. They have a strong enough belief in their products that there's very little in the way to pressure you into buying them until you have fully decided that they're right for you.
Always Read the Manual!

BONES wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:37 am I find it incredible that you can make copy protection all about you and not about a company trying to protect its hard work from less honest people.
It is called self-entitlement.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:16 am
BONES wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:37 am I find it incredible that you can make copy protection all about you and not about a company trying to protect its hard work from less honest people.
It is called self-entitlement.
Oh goody, another Hive thread in the Instruments sub that is barrelling towards a locking....
Always Read the Manual!

Hmm... never heard of that. But, if you say so. I must have missed the gazillion of other locked Hive threads. Apart from that, nothing really happened here.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:43 am Hmm... never heard of that. But, if you say so. I must have missed the gazillion of other locked Hive threads. Apart from that, nothing really happened here.
There was just the one, but it's still wasn't great for a devs thread to be locked because people couldn't exercise a little restraint. It would be a shame for the same to happen again.
Always Read the Manual!

If people refrain from acting like missionaries for the "good cause", i don't see a reason why it would be locked.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:56 am If people refrain from acting like missionaries for the "good cause", i don't see a reason why it would be locked.
I could go on but I don't want to see this thread locked, so this will be all from me on this matter.

Go Hive!
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “Instruments”