Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Demuvi wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:55 am Add Multisamples in the Sampler and you have a new customer! ;)
While that might be interesting, I don't think that was the design intent for this synth, and the development time spent to achieve that would likely take away from some more interesting synth features.

There are plenty of other multi-samplers available already.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I‘m kind of bummed that i still cannot use the other filter types in the generator section.

gondii wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:55 pm I‘m kind of bummed that i still cannot use the other filter types in the generator section.
Minor problem? Just switch the FX lane to poly.

I guess it's still not part of the generator section, because of its CPU usage. Maybe I'm wrong....

gondii wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:55 pm I‘m kind of bummed that i still cannot use the other filter types in the generator section.
I agree that would be a nice enhancement. I see that filters are often linked directly to the oscillators in many other synths, so in my opinion they should all be available in the generator section. It's great that filters can also be used as FX, but not as the only place for some filter types.

Rastkovic wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:42 pm Minor problem? Just switch the FX lane to poly.
I know, in most use cases it's merely an annoyance. But to me it changes the feel of the synth quite a bit. However, having the filters in the generator section also means you can use different filters for different oscillators even within the same group. Not possible in the same way now.

gondii wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:19 am
Rastkovic wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:42 pm Minor problem? Just switch the FX lane to poly.
However, having the filters in the generator section also means you can use different filters for different oscillators even within the same group. Not possible in the same way now.
That's the first thing that really jumped out at me when I started using Phase Plant.

I got over it, but it would be a nice enhancement for an update to include all filter types in the generator section. How hard could that be?

I sent them an email 1.5 years ago to ask for it. They responded that they are considering it, since it apparently was a very popular request, but so far nothing unfortunately.

Another advantage -the generator section is where audio rate modulation happens.

I've always assumed there was a technical reason the other filters aren't in the generators section. Maybe they don't support audio rate modulation, or maybe they're too processor heavy to run in a feedback loop. If that's not the case though I'd love to see them added there.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Yeah maybe they’re too processor intensive. Does Phase plant support multi core processing? As far as I know it doesn’t. Would be good if it did.

Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:27 pmI've always assumed there was a technical reason the other filters aren't in the generators section. Maybe they don't support audio rate modulation, or maybe they're too processor heavy to run in a feedback loop. If that's not the case though I'd love to see them added there.
The other filters were added in an update and I imagine it was just easier to work on it that way. I am surprised that, several years later, they still haven't put them in the other filter.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhl4zdO5yHk

The developers have added some cool plugins

Nice! I wonder if they'll add the free one to the generator section eventually
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Are these Shaper things equivalent to the Serum oscillator remap function? If so, great move Kilohearts 😎

swilow11 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:41 pm Are these Shaper things equivalent to the Serum oscillator remap function? If so, great move Kilohearts 😎
As I understand it - yes.
But more than that - the ability to use wavetables for this, and not just 2 waveforms, as in serum.

Return to “Instruments”