Neutron 3 just dropped

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Advanced Neutron 3 Standard Neutron Elements

My trousers have dropped
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Put that thing away. I'm trying to eat dinner.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:35 am
OK but, do you have any email screen caps or proof that the upgrades hit 50% off? I just went through my entire email history since Neutron 1 and I can only find 25% discounts being offered.
Pluginboutique has one running now.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=5291

@drdriller : yes, "dirty flag" most definitely rings a bell. I remember I got the EQ frequency mapped, but it was so coarse that it was unusable for surgical work. Impossible to dial in the frequency exactly where I wanted it. So now I only use neutron 2 if I need a multiband gate or transient shaper. I'll admit I like the IRC limiter quite a lot too. No way I'm paying good money to upgrade to V3 though when the midi mapping issue is still there.

ictools wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:57 am
EnochLight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:35 am
OK but, do you have any email screen caps or proof that the upgrades hit 50% off? I just went through my entire email history since Neutron 1 and I can only find 25% discounts being offered.
Pluginboutique has one running now.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=5291
That’s not 60% off of the upgrade from Neutron 2 Advanced to Neutron 3 Advanced. Sorry. It’s locked to 25% off everywhere so far.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:16 pm I usually have around ten tracks with Neutron / Track Assistant applied.
I never checked the headroom when cpu starts glitching.
It simply doesn‘t.
it looks like you don't know what a dynamic band is... (band act only when they receive a sidechain signal at a given frequency, this action is a ridiculous cpu hog on neutron)

so you are the only one on earth who find the track assistant usefull ??!!

EnochLight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:38 am
That’s not 60% off of the upgrade from Neutron 2 Advanced to Neutron 3 Advanced. Sorry. It’s locked to 25% off everywhere so far.
That just shows you they run over 50% off sales all the time. Like I said, be patient and it will hit that mark on Black Friday, or a few months before Version 4 is released.

Razzia wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 pm
eXceedingdeath wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:43 am This could have easily been Neutron 2.5 for example with cheaper update paths but no..
Certainly seems like Neutron 2.5. They did some optimizing - which could or should have been a free update to N2 - gave it the Nectar 3 interface and added one module.

And as a Neutron 2 Advanced owner, all this can be mine for just $149.

I'll wait until it's 75% off in 3-6 months and get it cheap... maybe.
Was excited about this description at first: "Now with Mix Assistant, Neutron 3 Advanced is the first-ever plug-in that listens to your
entire session to suggest an overall level mix to kick things off right."

... which seemed to imply that the AI would base EQ on the entire track and generate automation to match changes in the song, instead of just listening to a brief part, as it does now.

However, if I'm reading the details correctly, the full track AI only applies to gain, not EQ? "Neutron now offers to assist with either Balance or Track Enhancement. Balance will listen to your entire track and start altering gain levels, putting you at a better starting point for the actual mix."

The EQ curves are still set by listening to a brief section, then Balance adjusts the relative gain of the tracks?...

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:57 amBalance will listen to your entire track and start altering gain levels
Keen to hear examples of this. I've done a couple here and they were a complete mess.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

RIP Advanced license holders. I'm holding off on this ...
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

drdriller wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:15 am
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:16 pm I usually have around ten tracks with Neutron / Track Assistant applied.
I never checked the headroom when cpu starts glitching.
It simply doesn‘t.
it looks like you don't know what a dynamic band is... (band act only when they receive a sidechain signal at a given frequency, this action is a ridiculous cpu hog on neutron)

so you are the only one on earth who find the track assistant usefull ??!!
I just wanted to help.
Now I am attacked ad hominem. :roll:
Forget it.
Look for other targets of your trolling.

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:57 am
Razzia wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 pm
eXceedingdeath wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:43 am This could have easily been Neutron 2.5 for example with cheaper update paths but no..
Certainly seems like Neutron 2.5. They did some optimizing - which could or should have been a free update to N2 - gave it the Nectar 3 interface and added one module.

And as a Neutron 2 Advanced owner, all this can be mine for just $149.

I'll wait until it's 75% off in 3-6 months and get it cheap... maybe.
Was excited about this description at first: "Now with Mix Assistant, Neutron 3 Advanced is the first-ever plug-in that listens to your
entire session to suggest an overall level mix to kick things off right."

... which seemed to imply that the AI would base EQ on the entire track and generate automation to match changes in the song, instead of just listening to a brief part, as it does now.

However, if I'm reading the details correctly, the full track AI only applies to gain, not EQ? "Neutron now offers to assist with either Balance or Track Enhancement. Balance will listen to your entire track and start altering gain levels, putting you at a better starting point for the actual mix."

The EQ curves are still set by listening to a brief section, then Balance adjusts the relative gain of the tracks?...
That seems to be correct.

To set the eq curves right the plugin really needs to listen to everything in context instead of just listening to the tracks in isolation for a few seconds.

Oh well, maybe one day.

Mathematics wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:47 am RIP Advanced license holders. I'm holding off on this ...
Yup, upgrade from Elements @ $199 and upgrade from Advanced @ £149 is poor....particularly at the rate iZotope are releasing new versions. Almost a subscription model.

Update with new UI, performance fix and a resonance-fix thingie: 200
or
Pro-Q 3: 150

Hmmm...such a tough call.

I was hoping for frequency tracking EQ like Nectar (another upgrade i skipped).
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Return to “Effects”