We won’t be listening to music in a decade according to Vinod Khosla

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ah, i only met bill and lee.
they where nice lads :hihi:
or maybe i was a tosser so they seemed nice? could just be they where nice the odd time i met these people, not saying they where great to spend time with :lol:

not sure when he was doing the tour, could have been a later incarnation of the band?
i know lee was replaced by barney from benediction :shrug: and cant remember if bill left when he started carcass?

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:19 pm
jancivil wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:14 pm
The thing is MELODY, and while you can set a code to crank out every known country hit chord-wise........... the thing that sells is personality.

The machine's wife hasn't left it/truck hasn't broken down/hasn't had farmland repossessed/dog died etc etc. These AIs don't stand a chance.
my hard disk left me for a 32bit ho st.

“I actually think 10 years from now, you won’t be listening to music....
I'm listening to the grass growing right now, lovely.

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:19 pm
jancivil wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:14 pm
The thing is MELODY, and while you can set a code to crank out every known country hit chord-wise........... the thing that sells is personality.

The machine's wife hasn't left it/truck hasn't broken down/hasn't had farmland repossessed/dog died etc etc. These AIs don't stand a chance.
In the first place, the machine has never gotten laid. and this doesn't bother it

“I actually think [incredibly dumb idea],” is a thing venture capitalist [stooge] said onstage today during a [vanity presentation] at [industry group]’s second annual [circle jerk].
VC/hedge fund types have so thoroughly broken their brains that they cannot imagine a future that contains empathy or art.

cthonophonic wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:36 pm
“I actually think [incredibly dumb idea],” is a thing venture capitalist [stooge] said onstage today during a [vanity presentation] at [industry group]’s second annual [circle jerk].
VC/hedge fund types have so thoroughly broken their brains that they cannot imagine a future that contains empathy or art.
Fully agreed. Late stage capitalism has produced a cult of antisocial jerks and outright sociopaths.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Aloysius wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:53 pm What about fembots? Is AI sexist?
There’s no AI anywhere; just cleverly written scripts, algorithms, and statistical processors. But yes, if written by sexists, the products can be sexist by design. See the “racist” touchless faucets that won’t respond to people with dark skin...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:47 pm can we really expect people who can afford to wipe their arse on gold leaf and have someone else do it for them, to understand the real world?
No. There are constant examples/evidence that this is fact. Too many wealthy people in our houses of “representation”...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”