Text to wavetable

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
mtytel
KVRist
76 posts since 28 Jan, 2013 from Oakland

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 pm

https://youtu.be/AI91TTe2Xu0

I'm working on a new soft synth and came up with this cool way to create wavetables from text. It started with a 'Vocode' import (https://twitter.com/i/status/1142221431364702208) but I was tired of finding vocal samples and dragging them in so I hooked a TTS engine up to it.

The synth is called Vital, it's not out yet but if you want more info you can check out the site:
https://vital.audio

adamtrance
KVRian
769 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Re: Text to wavetable

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Very cool!
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

dune_rave
KVRian
1399 posts since 23 Jun, 2006 from Hungary

Re: Text to wavetable

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:40 pm

Hm, this is cool idea. But would be even cooler if instead of typing text you could just say the words, then the synth would recognise that :)

User avatar
mcnelson
KVRian
1133 posts since 26 Mar, 2004 from UK

Re: Text to wavetable

Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:11 am

Another demo for "Vital" - Shepherd tone wavetables:
https://youtu.be/S8qIBbp_GKk

Looking forward to this :)
ABLETON LIVE 10 & PUSH2: TWISTED TOOLS : SONIC CHARGE : SUGAR BYTES
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
2667 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Re: Text to wavetable

Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:16 am

mcnelson wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:11 am
Another demo for "Vital" - Shepherd tone wavetables:
https://youtu.be/S8qIBbp_GKk

Looking forward to this :)
So... Cool... :love:

User avatar
mcnelson
KVRian
1133 posts since 26 Mar, 2004 from UK

Re: Text to wavetable

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:40 am

Another interesting teaser from Matt:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1192971602234753024
ABLETON LIVE 10 & PUSH2: TWISTED TOOLS : SONIC CHARGE : SUGAR BYTES
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

User avatar
Jorgeelalto
KVRist
397 posts since 31 May, 2015 from the Iberian Peninsula

Re: Text to wavetable

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:10 am

Didn't know about this new Matt Tytel work, I'm pretty interested :D Let's see what comes from this.

User avatar
mtytel
KVRist
76 posts since 28 Jan, 2013 from Oakland

Re: Text to wavetable

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:43 pm

dune_rave wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:40 pm
Hm, this is cool idea. But would be even cooler if instead of typing text you could just say the words, then the synth would recognise that :)
If you record yourself there is a 'vocode' wavetable import option you can use on that sample.

User avatar
AsPeeXXXVIII
KVRian
508 posts since 17 Aug, 2015 from Finland

Re: Text to wavetable

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 am

Now that is awesome!
"Creativity is a lot like sex. When it's spontaneous, it's good, but forcing it makes it bad."
My metal music | My electronic music

User avatar
tonedef71
KVRian
1090 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Re: Text to wavetable

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:41 pm

mtytel wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:25 pm
https://youtu.be/AI91TTe2Xu0

I'm working on a new soft synth and came up with this cool way to create wavetables from text. It started with a 'Vocode' import (https://twitter.com/i/status/1142221431364702208) but I was tired of finding vocal samples and dragging them in so I hooked a TTS engine up to it.

The synth is called Vital, it's not out yet but if you want more info you can check out the site:
https://vital.audio
I like it already! :tu:
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Studio One 4.5 Pro; FL Studio 20.5; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

User avatar
foosnark
KVRAF
4870 posts since 9 Jan, 2003 from Saint Louis MO

Re: Text to wavetable

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:30 pm

mcnelson wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:11 am
Another demo for "Vital" - Shepherd tone wavetables:
https://youtu.be/S8qIBbp_GKk
OK, that's pretty brilliant :D

Return to “Instruments”