Any news on Mixrevolutuon?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MeldaProduction wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:58 pm I'd like to know some info about SFZ too, to be honest, it's not planned at the moment.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=508861
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Haha, so just the beginning of this tells me to stay away from it :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:58 pm I'd like to know some info about SFZ too, to be honest, it's not planned at the moment.
OK, immediately below is a real-life SFZ file, edited down to eliminate obvious repitition:

Code: Select all

<group>
ampeg_release=0.1

<region> sample=waves\ST Old Pad 042.wav
lokey=0
hikey=43
pitch_keycenter=42

<region> sample=waves\ST Old Pad 045.wav
lokey=44
hikey=46
pitch_keycenter=45

. . . more of the same . . .

<region> sample=waves\ST Old Pad 102.wav
lokey=101
hikey=103
pitch_keycenter=102

<region> sample=waves\ST Old Pad 105.wav
lokey=104
hikey=127
pitch_keycenter=105
It could hardly be any simpler.

The graphic below shows the support for SFZ in version 1 of Alchemy (boo, hiss, ...). Most synth developers never bothered to document what subset of the SFZ spec they implemented. However, in *many* cases, the simple wave-file-to-MIDI-key mapping as used in the above example is all that's needed or useful. Camel Audio implemented much more of the spec. than anybody actually used, as far as I know (it's been quite a while since I looked closely, however).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SFZ is a XML? Please send me some examples, I don't really have any.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'd prefer Melda to keep developing tools that enable and inspire me to use my brain instead of aspiring to retire it.

Rather than wait for the mix revolution, why don't you learn to mix. ;-)

Or is my view lacking nuance?

stearine wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:41 pm I'd prefer Melda to keep developing tools that enable and inspire me to use my brain instead of aspiring to retire it.

Rather than wait for the mix revolution, why don't you learn to mix. ;-)

Or is my view lacking nuance?
In a way you are right, but there are still people like me, with no musical knowledge (music theory, mixing, mastering), just doing this for fun. And when working 50-60 hours a week, and having loads of interests besides music production, we like all the tools that can help us going from A to B :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:49 pm In a way you are right, but there are still people like me, with no musical knowledge (music theory, mixing, mastering), just doing this for fun. And when working 50-60 hours a week, and having loads of interests besides music production, we like all the tools that can help us going from A to B :)

Fair enough, although I do find it a weird match for the dabbler you describe to get deeply invested in Melda's tooling, or for the savvy amateur to have difficulty learning to mix their own music.

I also think the dabbler might be better off directing their attention to the quality of sound before the mix rather than wait for tomorrow's technology leveraging machine-learning to fix something that could have been easily fixed at the source by hand if one had elementary understanding of sound and, which isn't a feat compared to using Melda tools.

Just some friendly general advice that I would have wanted to hear before I learned it the hard way.

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:47 pm SFZ is a XML? Please send me some examples, I don't really have any.
Here's a program, called sfZed that lets users create SFZ files (it's "ancient" and primitive by today's standards, but it's simple to use)....http://audio.clockbeat.com/sfZed.html That should let you see what it is exactly.
Personally, I like to create SFZ files, then open those in the polyphone program, and then save it as an SF2 file. This way, a simple SFZ can be built, and then converted to SF2, which has far greater capabilities/editing abilities/articulations...etc.

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:47 pm SFZ is a XML? Please send me some examples, I don't really have any.
An sfz file is just a text file (can be opened with notepad), but sfz format developers can use xml files to (for example) allow GUI and instrument bank info to be read by a player...something like that.

Oh, the more you are describing it folks, the less I want to spend valuable time with this ancient SFZ folks...
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:07 pm Oh, the more you are describing it folks, the less I want to spend valuable time with this ancient SFZ folks...
Well, the Wave file format is considerably older than SFZ. So is the MIDI standard. Old doesn't mean obsolete.

SFZ was defined before XML became a widely used format. Too bad, because the two standards would have been a nice coupling.

But the SFZ standard syntax is straightforward and doesn't need anything close the the complex information organization capability available via XML.

If you take the Alchemy 1 implementation (shown in an earlier post) and throw out anything not directly related to sample playback (like filtering or Amp Env attributes), that would be a totally sufficient SFZ implementation. SFZ's strength (and the way almost everybody uses it) is in organizing multi-samples by key-range and, less frequently, velocity range. And it does this in a much more comprehensible way than some arcane file naming conventions that include key range, root note, etc.

For example, there's a way to specify starting sample position. Never seen it used ever. Fine tuning might be a worthwhile thing to throw in, but, again, I've never seen anybody use it. Again, SFZ's strength is in taking a collection of samples and telling the software what file goes with what MIDI note and what MIDI velocity.
Last edited by dmbaer on Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well there's one in the immediately preceding post (the one preceding your post that's quoted here, to be clear).

But I will send you a few examples via email - probably in the next 24 hours.

I mentioned SFZ - import just to have the possibility to import the Basic structure, the mapping of the Samples. That's the Most important Part.
I never expected a complex Implementation.
I Like creating SFZ because There is sforzando, a very nice & free very recourcelight Sampleplayer

& There is TX16WX (can import sfz) which is really great for mapping Samples and I wrote a converter to convert TX programs to SFZ.

I'm really looking forward to the sampler in MSF. I wonder what it will do?

SFZ is a must have for a decent sampler those days, every major sampler on the market supports SFZ, even soft synths like VPS Avenger, Synthmaster or Wusik Station supports it. Personally i don't care about the filters, Envelopes, LFO's, FX, etc... opcodes, just the mapping part is more than enough, the rest we can handle it internally in MSF. Please Vojteck, trust what the most of us telling you about the *.SFZ format, can't get easier to understand it than "dnbaers" example...

Code: Select all

<group>
ampeg_release=0.1

<region> sample=waves\ST Old Pad 042.wav
lokey=0
hikey=43
pitch_keycenter=42

<region> sample=waves\ST Old Pad 045.wav
lokey=44
hikey=46
pitch_keycenter=45
Thanks!