vst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

exmatproton wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:22 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:00 pm
exmatproton wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:44 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:50 pm I can't afford a Ferrari. Maybe I'll steal one and drive it around until I can afford to buy one... :hyper:
Although i get what you mean, the analogy isn't right.

The threshold for piracy online is SO FREAKIN low, compared to almost all other forms of theft. I don't get why people would steal a car. I get why people would download a software solution (to try for instance, or just for their own (non-professional) usage).

I don't use pirated software at all and i don't talk it right, but i can see why one would use such software
Sorry but your justification isn't right. Stealing is stealing and that was my point. If more people understood that fact maybe we wouldn't need such intrusive copy protection.

Again I'd like a Ferrari to "try for instance, or just for my own (non-professional) usage".

Just because software is easy to steal doesn't make it right to steal it...... :wink:
Sure..that is exactly what i said. However, the analogy breaks because of the huge difference in threshold. The consequences of stealing a car (expensive or not) are immensely different from stealing a software package. Sure, stealing is stealing, i agree, but the analogy is just wrong because of the difference in scale
You're right, but... in the context of freeware or cheap payware vs. premium payware, it's quite a good comparison, because... instead of going for a Ferrari you can't afford (premium payware), you can always go for freeware, or cheap payware. I have no idea why people always have to strive for expensive software, even if they can't afford it, instead of looking for free, or cheaper alternatives, which may not have the quality (obvious, isn't it? Why would i sell myself cheap, if i know i have a awesome product...), but will do for the moment, or will also halfway get you there, with a bit of effort. I have no idea why every hobby amateur photograph who shoots some picture on his 200 € digital cam needs Adobe Photoshop. Or why everyone who captures his screen to upload videos of his video games on Youtube needs Sony Vegas Pro, or even more expensive software. The answer in most cases is "Because he thinks it's pro and makes him better". Well, not really. :P Even though, of course, it will make things easier, just like with audio plugins.

I did it like this when i started out: Freeware, magware, or very cheap payware, and incremented then, as i knew what i wanted, and where i want to go. That is the logic way of doing it for me, and, you won't really manage things without a bit of "market research", if you will, anyway. Apart from that, it always depends how much money you have available, or at disposal for your hobby. What your budget is. I really can't understand this wealth depraved attitude that you always need the absolute best at all times, especially when you can't afford it. That's the same kind of attitude, to exaggerate a bit, which fuels criminal behavior. At the very least, it won't do you any good, actually the opposite.

Hmm...it seems KVR is where the angels live.
I miss edonkey. emule, limewire, napster and gnutella. For youngsters, they was the forerunners to torrent.

:angel:

Return to “Instruments”