What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I did this a week or two ago, been doing a lot of outdoor stuff so I havent gotten around to swapping them out...that's my Warmoth, my favorite guitar ever, I love the wizard neck on it :tu:

Eric, in this configuration it is passive...and my Ibby I bought in 2011 is still passive believe it or not (all I have done to that guitar is change the strings) :tu:

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

btw I believe the pups to be barely generics (I didnt pay much for this), I am hoping I can have some fun with them and they will be just raunchy enough to be great for a bit...around xmas I'll mention some Bare Knuckles to the wife ;)

FTR this guitar is perfect for this stuff, this is the guitar that I bought in pieces for a music store I worked in. I bought it off some kids really cheap and it had all the parts (the neck and the body are all that is left, both Warmoth). I think I gave them like 75 bux or something, the boss hit the roof and I was also the store's luthier so I put it together, the boss said if it doesnt sell I bought it.

We had four stores throughout Mass, it made the rounds and ended back up in my store and yup, I bought it. I even built a Alembic Stroblaster clone for it (12 bux it cost me for the kit from GGG), that will stay with the black pickguard.

This guitar I have so little money into it's ridiculous, but it is an amazing guitar. :D
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I see it has your name on the headstock. Looks like a player.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

if you look closely it has the Hinckley logo on the front

and on the back I have the Hinckley Sail Emblem

Image.

:hihi:

2 Lots of Caline patch cables 2x6, too good an offer to miss. Must have lowered the price to get shut of the last 2 packs @£4.99 each
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08 ... UTF8&psc=1
Caline.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Got the tracking number for the Eastman AC308ce ltd sb this morning. Should be here this week.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Just got a second Hercules Mini Electric stand (with bag!) so now I have a bass and a guitar right behind my chair when I'm sitting at my desk. I might be more excited about it than I should be, but it's a very nice feeling to have both available at all times. Took me about 20 years to realize I should have two stands instead of just one.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Ah Hink don't make me drool over the Warmoth configurator again :cry:

Mmm, korina tele thinline with ebony neck would be nice...

pough wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:32 pm Just got a second Hercules Mini Electric stand (with bag!) so now I have a bass and a guitar right behind my chair when I'm sitting at my desk. I might be more excited about it than I should be, but it's a very nice feeling to have both available at all times. Took me about 20 years to realize I should have two stands instead of just one.
You never know when inspiration might strike. :D
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:20 pm You never know when inspiration might strike. :D
Truth.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

A black pick guard swapping from a pearloid one. Black is more my thing than white and it's consistent with the black head stock. Took me a while to change it, as I didn't want to change the strings :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

is it just the lighting or are those frets really tall?

Hink wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:49 pm is it just the lighting or are those frets really tall?
lighting I suppose, beyond being previously unused, they don't seem overly tall to me.
I did have to adjust the low string saddle pretty high to clean up the buzz on it. I got
it setup pretty well I think, though I am assuming I don't need to mess with the truss
rod. Anyway, I am still messing with it and figuring it out, likely it could be adjusted
better, still...

:tu: personally I would change the bridge too but that's just me, looks really nice. :)

Return to “Guitars”