As a long time participant in the wonderful One Synth Challenge, I’m always on the lookout for free synths to use for the contest. It came to my attention that Cherry Audio Voltage Modular Nucleus is FREE until September 15th. Unfortunately, that will probably mean it can’t be used for a O.S.C., since it won’t be freely available for all to get after this month. So @Lempface and I thought it would be a great idea to run a contest concurrently following the basic spirit of the O.S.C.: create an original track with all sound originating from the synth. However, we’re allowing all effects - both free and commercial, sampling of the synth, and mangling afterwards. Basically do whatever you want, as long as all audio sources originate from the synth.
- All sounds must originate from Cherry Audio Voltage Modular Nucleus (no paid modules)
- Submit tracks by posting to the KVR thread before October 1, 2019
- Voting will run for 15 days afterwards
- Must vote to be ranked in the results
- You must be willing provide a DAW project file to admins upon request for rule validation purposes; it will be deleted after inspection
- Must be an original track (e.g. no covers)
- Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums (a $200 value)
- More incoming!
You can join the One Synth Challenge Slack workspace (here to sign up) and the KVR thread about this contest.
Hope to hear your tracks!