Solid State (Original Mix) [Uplifting Trance]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone!

I had a big break in music production and I recently got back into it. I'm a huge fan of uplifting trance music (e.g. Ferry Corsten, DIM3NSION and many more) so I'm trying to polish my skills making this kind of music. Last track I created in this genre was in 2013 called "The Energy". You can find it on my SoundCloud profile.

So this is my latest track "Solid State". I tried to capture the sound and feel of uplifting trance music. I used FL Studio 20.5 for it along with various popular plugins like Sylenth1, Spire, VPS Avenger and some others.

Please tell me what you think and what can be improved. Thank you so much. :)

https://soundcloud.com/synthiox/solid-s ... nal-mix-v2

Really like this. The sidechaining is a little over the top but other than that, very well done. I can't think of anything to improve it other than maybe ease up a bit on the pumping.

Nice track, it very strictly follows all the genre cliches but I think this was the goal.

Few things I didn't like: The mix seems brutally overcompressed and the highs sound a bit harsh, not sure maybe it's how trance is supposed to sound these days (or maybe the soundcloud playback additionally destroys it) but it was a bit painful to listen in headphones, I had to turn the volume down. Also I'm not a fan of these way too happy melodies in major keys but it's just me. The main melody in the breakdwon sounded a bit chaotic to me

Except for that, good job, overall.
Last edited by recursive one on Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Sounds like happy music, but like the others said the compression/limiting is a bit over the top.
:borg:

Alright, thank you so much for all the feedback, gents!

Yeah, I kinda felt I used too much sidechain as well but at the same time I liked the pumping effect during the production process. I'll keep it in mind though to reduce it for my future tracks.

Sure the track has happy vibes, it's uplifting trance after all. And it's still summer so there's a reason to be happy and stay positive. :D

Yay, another Avenger user.
Pretty good. I liked the start the best, the first 30 seconds. And then the ambient mid-section was good.
A bit too much pumping on the sidechain for my taste.
Overall pretty good though. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”