So what's next for U-He?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zebra 3 has been on the horizon for years but other than that... what's coming up from U-He? Another emulation of a classic synth?

Sasha's Variverb is stunning. Would love to see him do another killer reverb kit.

A U-he digitalfishphones 2.0 would be epic

I think they are working on a software version of a drum synth

enCiphered wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:38 pm I think they are working on a software version of a drum synth
We really don´t need another anolog emulation. What I would love to see from U-He is a plugin with dedicated granular synthesis, both as instrument and effect.

We really don´t need another anolog emulation. What I would love to see from U-He is a plugin with dedicated granular synthesis, both as instrument and effect.

double post again

enCiphered wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:42 pm We really don´t need another anolog emulation. What I would love to see from U-He is a plugin with dedicated granular synthesis, both as instrument and effect.
+1

The drum product has been set aside but pieces of it may find their way into Zebra3. The idea was to do more of a physically modeled kit with maybe some analog stuff mixed in (from what I recall), but not an analog style drum synth. Which would be high up on my wishlist.

From all the other times people have asked, it seems like next up (in no particular order):

1. Some smaller updates
2. Zebra3
3. Uhbik update

After that...

4. Maybe a Diva 2 (talking 2021)

In the foreseeable future:

Uhbik Update (rather substantial)
CVilization
Some smaller updates (see latest builds)
Some more smaller updates (some of what missing in latest builds, e.g. Repro)
Somewhere in-between: Hive 2.1 (few bits and pieces we'd like to share)
Z3

But also, as Sascha's work was mentioned, we've nailed a certain reverb and there's a dynamics tool which has been in the works on and off for a couple of years. It might finally also get enough TLC for a release. This may happen anytime between Uhbik 2.0 and Zebra 3.0.

There's no schedule for a drum synth (other than Z3), no mature plans for Diva 2 or anything like it. To the contrary, we did a few revenue boosts (sales...) so we do not need to do new stuff for some time, in order to clean up some outstanding things. Hive was first, Uhbik is next and Zebra is the big major thing which consumes a lot of attention.

Urs wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:35 pm In the foreseeable future:

CVilization
Z3

But also, as Sascha's work was mentioned, we've nailed a certain reverb and there's a dynamics tool which has been in the works on and off for a couple of years. It might finally also get enough TLC for a release. This may happen anytime between Uhbik 2.0 and Zebra 3.0.

There's no schedule for a drum synth (other than Z3), no mature plans for Diva 2 or anything like it. To the contrary, we did a few revenue boosts (sales...) so we do not need to do new stuff for some time, in order to clean up some outstanding things. Hive was first, Uhbik is next and Zebra is the big major thing which consumes a lot of attention.
Thanks for the update.
rsp
sound sculptist

Nice. I'm looking forward to all of this.
The new reverb and dynamics tool definitely piques my interest. Any more you could share with us?

CVilization
Z3

What is the timeline for Zebra 3? I am guessing 2021.

CVilization
Z3

Thanks for the update Urs!

Something I've always dreamed is having an iPad app for controlling your synths via wifi. I've thought about using touchOSC but I doubt all Diva/Repro/Hive params can be midi controlled.

Was hoping for some filterscape love.

Oooh, I've been out of the loop on U-He news I guess, didn't realize Uhbik was on the to-do list, great news! I've been using Uhbiks regularly since 2009....VERY excited to see what comes next for those little monsters.

Return to “u-he”