Cableguys ShaperBox 2 Released | VST 3 + Winter Sale Now On

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Actually, might you be able to try with Reaper? It's free to try and small in download size and has VST support.

Besides that it's weird if VST and AU do not share the same library folder - could you drop an email to support at contact@cableguys.com and we will find out why it's different on your system than to ours. Would be great to find out!

love the pen improvements

Any chance that the envelope follower will be implemented in Volumeshaper as well? MIDI triggering is already an option, but I hate the routing, creating two separate tracks etc.

Only $33 to upgrade the whole Shaperbox bundle. Looks to be quite worth it.
(Now if Izotope could learn from this and have reasonable upgrade pricing!)

Upgraded.

it doesn't for me--don't know why

I am already using Reaper, in fact. I might try one more thing to get it working.

EDIT: Apparently it shares between VST in Reaper and AU in Reaper, but it does not share between VST in Reaper and AU in Garageband

+1 for envelope follower in volume shaper

sleepcircle wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:41 pm Apparently it shares between VST in Reaper and AU in Reaper, but it does not share between VST in Reaper and AU in Garageband
Wow - that's some super-useful info! Very helpful, we'll look into this! One more question: Which macOS version are you at, and are you using the latest version of GarageBand?

Mik_lo wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:58 pm +1 for envelope follower in volume shaper
A compressor is effectively an envelope follower that controls amplitude. Or do you mean you'd like to have it increase signals instead of compressing them?

Is there a significant improvement to cpu with the update? That’s quite important to me. Compared to lfo tool, it was quite a bit heavier on cpu on my various testings with v1.

alexishere wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:54 pm Is there a significant improvement to cpu with the update? That’s quite important to me. Compared to lfo tool, it was quite a bit heavier on cpu on my various testings with v1.
It depends on the area.. the massivest change is in UI performance on macOS Mojave - as with many other applications, also ShaperBox 1 UI performance had been affected by Apple's changes in macOS Mojave. This should be all running smooth again now.

I think the wave interpolation got a bit of a performance tweak, but I might be wrong, so best if you check with the demo if it fits your needs. We know that many users use dozens of ShaperBox instances (especially VolumeShaper) in a song without performance issues.

Startup time got a little bit slower compared to v1 and will see some improvements with ShaperBox 2.0.1; in most DAWs the 2nd and 3rd etc instances of ShaperBox 2 open faster than the first one, thanks to shared resources.
Last edited by Jakob / Cableguys on Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No brainer update... thx very much to all @ cableguys!!

An already great product even better...

This was an instant upgrade for me. I love the new features!

That being said, will I be able to get a refund if it turns out not to actually provide me with infinite inspiration?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Very happy with this update. Good stuff. Thank you.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Will upgrade as soon as I can. Go resizable UI. Good price, nice new features, what's not to love?

Return to “Effects”