Vice - Feature Requests

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vice

I'm already a New Sonic Arts Freestyle Owner, n Love it.. I'm now demoing Vice for the first time, and have fell in love. The only thing missing that I would love and would replace my current sampler is, the ability to add Loop Modes on slices ( Forward, Reverse and most importantly ping pong) ..
I'm tempted to buy now regardless, but very curious if the Developer would see fit, as to adding such a feature for us ?

Also reverb / delay per slice .. Fingers crossed

Thanks so much, trusampler
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Looping per slice would be a great addition.

Also..

1.The ability lock the ALL button, when browsing samples, so the active chops keep the same pitch if desired..

2. Some Form of REPEAT that user can freely assign slices to midi cc, can range from 1/4, 1/16, 1/32 1/64 etc.. to get a performance out of VICE per slice.

3. Time Stretch - allow the slices to FOLLOW Host / DAW Tempo eg: ( Presonus Studio One SAMPLE ONE XT allows this as well as Looping per slice with Fx).

4. Ability to ADD More Slices.

5. Ability to LOCK Parameters such as Cutoff/Res for all incoming audio eg: drag n drop new audio does not effect parameters.
Last edited by trusampler on Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:29 am Also..

1.The ability lock the ALL button, when browsing samples, so the active chops keep the same pitch if desired..

2. Some Form of REPEAT that user can freely assign slices to midi cc, can range from 1/4, 1/16, 1/32 1/64 etc.. to get a performance out of VICE per slice.

3. Larger GUI

4. Allow user definable Preset Locations

5. Time Stretch - allow the slices to FOLLOW Host / DAW Tempo eg: ( Presonus Studio One SAMPLE ONE XT allows this as well as Looping per slice with Fx).
You can resize GUI

And add custom presets location

Awesome!! thanks Ill update the requests.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

:tu:
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I must have a different version then you, as I do not have that folder MY SAMPLES,MY PRESETS tab in the UI you have.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Is there any reason why the UI in the picture the above user shows MY SAMPLES, MY PRESETS in larger letters , then the version I have currently?
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

What version you have installed?

I've tried 1.4006 / without it working as well as the Beta 1.4007 beta same thing. The only thing mine has is the favorites lettering.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

It's because I'm beta testing new features, those tabs are from PatchCloud browser which will be implemented in further versions.

I see.. thnx for confirming.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I am a new Vice owner after Trusampler recommended it to me. In addition to the features he mentioned, more slices, looping per slice (forward, reverse, alternate), timestretch slices to host tempo, I would like to see:

1) To add to his more slices request, I trigger the slices from my keyboard so I would like to see a user definable number of slices and key range. I also would like to see the ability to assign the slices to the white keys only.

2) I would also like there to be some true beat/bpm analysis added to the program. E-MUs Emulator X3 software (which is many years old and now discontinued) has the best analysis algorithm that any of today's software has yet to duplicate. When slicing live instrumentation, it could pick up variations in tempo so that when you tell it to slice by whole notes or 2 whole notes, for example, it would slice the sample at the correct place with no adjustments required to the slice points. It seemed to be a hybrid approach because it tempo mapped the sample and then sliced based on the note division you selected. I found it to be superior to the equal parts or transient detection that all of the current slicers utilize. Otherwise, the Emulator X3 software was cumbersome to use but it excelled in this particular area.

Definitely loved the way Emulator X3 chopped samples, because of beat analysis!

Another small request.. when in grid mode : Be able to lock the Beats setting, so that any new audio we drag in, reflects the same grid we choose. thnx guys!
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Hi all,

After using the software a little more, I am actually starting to use Grid slice mode more. I like it because it allows me to have more slices. I am having a few issues though.

First, I am using longer wave files (not perfect loops) and when I set the tempo manually, Vice is changing the tempo. I assume it is trying to guess the bpm and number of beats based on the length of the file but, since I am not starting off with a loop, it is messing up the tempo that I set. Because the max number of beats is 64, it also guesses the tempo way too low. It would be nice to have an override button here for when the user is not starting off with a perfect loop to keep the tempo set to a user specified value.

Secondly, I would like to have the option to slice at larger increments than 1/4. Like 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8.

Lastly, having an option to snap to grid option for creating additional slices would be great also. For example, if you have the grid slice set to 1/2 and your snap to grid set to 1/4, you could easily divide a 1/2 slice into two equal 1/4 slices. Some visual cue like longer tick marks for the grid value and shorter tick marks for the snap to grid values displayed at the top of the waveform would good also (similar to a ruler).

With that being said, true beat analysis would be really great, but the items I mentioned above would be an improvement for my workflow if beat analysis is not in the future plans.

Thanks and I am enjoying the software so far.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”