SkaLOoper MUX

Official support for: mutools.com
skarabee
KVRist
86 posts since 31 Mar, 2017 from New Caledonia

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:56 pm

I saw a lot of request here and there in various forums about pad matrix or clip launcher.
So, this is a loop launcher/matrix I made with MUX 7.7.4, from an idea I wrote some years ago in another RAD tool. (i'm not a coder)
https://youtu.be/PsCfMmVIYM8

If mutools agree, I will publish it in the Mulib, but I can't join the audio files used, so the user will have to populate the 5 multisamplers with it's own samples...

Waiting for the next MUX version to improve this one. (and ready to beta-test:)

reusenoise
KVRian
869 posts since 23 Oct, 2009 from Italy

Re: SkaLOoper MUX

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:02 pm

Pure genius

mutools
KVRAF
10207 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:28 am

Wow looks impressive!!

FYI: The MUX 8 beta version is very close, finetuning some last things atm.

And yes it would be great if this will be added to MuLib.

Donleavy
KVRer
10 posts since 16 Apr, 2008

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:05 am

Absolutely fabulous!!!
How about adding individual track lengths - to open up to polyrythmic arrangements as well...?

mutools
KVRAF

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:36 am

You mean in the composer? That's already possible by using sequences with different loop lengths. Or do you mean in the step-sequencer? That's also possible by using multiple step-sequencers in parallel, each with its own loop length.

bibz1st
KVRAF
1653 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:40 am

Couldnt quite get my head around your "jammer" but this looks amazing
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

skarabee
KVRist

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:18 am

File added to the Mulib.
Thanks for the nice comments. There are some points not covered by the little video demo.

Auto-fade is a pad: hitting it in the center (max velocity) give a slow fade, hitting it on the borders (low velocity) gives a faster fade. Of course, you can click several times;) There is also a comp/maximizer before the final Level

Transpose is used to sequence clips in the sequencer, so combination of Oct and Trp to reach the clips 13 to 16. (transpose only allow +12)

Samples must be set starting from note C#1 (midi note25)

If one wants to use random play, but have less than 16 samples and don't want empty clips > enter the modular > Parameter Value Randomizers (5 of them in red) and type the desired maximum value.

About the polyrythmic thing, I could have used several sequencers, but difficult to have them in one interface, so I keep it simple :)
And the good thing with the main sequencer is that you can retrigger pads where you want in the 32 steps, so poly-rythms can be done.

skarabee
KVRist

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:24 am

By the way, having read somewhere that MUX8 will come this year, I made this toy 2 days ago, , to have something for beta-test...

sl23
KVRAF
1751 posts since 28 Mar, 2008 from a Galaxy S7 far far away

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:51 am

thanks for the preset.
Maybe it would be a good one to add to MuLab/MuX by default?

mutools
KVRAF

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:10 am

Hey skarabee you really made something special, wow.

Could you pls also make a SkaLooper version that only uses factory samples so it can be included in the main zip package?

bibz1st
KVRAF
1653 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:27 am

mutools wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:10 am
Hey skarabee you really made something special, wow.

Could you pls also make a SkaLooper version that only uses factory samples so it can be included in the main zip package?
+1 to this :D
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

skarabee
KVRist

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:00 am

I can try. But I need about 80 audio clips to fill the matrix... Maybe I could add some new samples in OGG embedded with the samplers. What is the limit of size I can add?
By the way, I made a new version, wich allows to mix 2 parts with different harmonies. Will talk about it later, but it seems more reasonable to add the first version, and keep the one I'm working on for the Mulib (testing it with MUX 8 beta)

skarabee
KVRist

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 am

Also: I will rebuild the SkaLOoper audio part with Sequence Players instead of Multisamplers, as Jo suggested in the beta thread. A clip matrix wich can follow the tempo is a better beast !

mutools
KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:33 am

skarabee wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:00 am
I can try. But I need about 80 audio clips to fill the matrix... Maybe I could add some new samples in OGG embedded with the samplers. What is the limit of size I can add?
I prefer to keep the MuLab / MUX zip file size rather small. Atoh i'm open to add more samples to the zip package but then it should be samples that are widely usable, not specific to one MUX patch. What samples do you miss in the current zip package in order to build a SkaLooper that works with the factory samples?
By the way, I made a new version, wich allows to mix 2 parts with different harmonies. Will talk about it later, but it seems more reasonable to add the first version, and keep the one I'm working on for the Mulib (testing it with MUX 8 beta)
Due to the fact that the current SkaLooper does not work out of the box, i can't add it to the release zip package. Adding more samples to the zip package will take some time as the samples should be carefully selected. So i also conclude that adding SkaLooper to the zip package will be for a next main version. That gives time to finetune everything.

skarabee
KVRist

Post Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:18 am

Yes, I agree with the size question, that's why I put the Skalooper without audio loops in the Mulib. The first version works with audio clips in multisamplers, so even with OGG compression, it's still 30~40 Megs for a complete sound pack. But I can make a version wich triggers sequence players and use only existing samples instead of audio loops.

Return to “MUTOOLS”