ProfessionalTom here, I just released my killer track that will make you all jelous of my mixing abilities

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bloody orionids comin' ere, splorgin our doowhips! :x

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:35 pm bloody orionids comin' ere, splorgin our doowhips! :x
Muhahaha!!! :borg:
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

HypersonicNinja wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:28 pm Hi Tom,

I don't post here much but just wanted to say thanks for the vid & tune - really great, it rather reminded me of "The Kingdom of Loathing" which is similarly uplifting and positive :-)

I've been reading your posts and have to say I really like your cheerful and positive words: much-needed in this grim world of ours. Plus, I reckon the League screamed in fury at the unmitigated awesomeness of "Kiss the Vagina with Reason"!! :tu: :party:
Hey!! I'm happy I could make your day a little better with my work :lol:

And thank you for your nice words, I really appreciate that and they in turn put a smile on my face. I completely agree that the least we can do in this somewhat grim and horrible world filled with hatred and pain is to just be nice to each other and not be dicks or people who constantly make a fuss out of nothing.

Yeah they really can't stand all the awesomeness of this and that it came from my pro studio. I received some mails from these folks, they wanted to give me some pretty big amounts of money (fat stacks) just to keep me silent and guess what? I don't give a damn about their dirty money. Viva... Hmmm viva what actually? Maybe I should create another pro organization but this time I'll be smarter and won't let some evil disguised folks into our ranks to conspire behind my back. What do you think people?? I'll think of a name.

Cheers to you, HypersonicNinja!

PS I'm getting excited :hyper:
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

ProfessionalTom wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:12 pm Viva... Hmmm viva what actually?
Vauxhall Viva?

AnX wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:55 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:12 pm Viva... Hmmm viva what actually?
Vauxhall Viva?

now that's a colour you only saw in the late 70s :o

years back when everyone in the area knew someone who worked at ford, any exterior paintwork seemed to be car colours for a few years :lol:

AnX wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:55 pm
Vauxhall Viva?

Hmmm no.

I'll try to deliver a new song soon I'm mixing and mastering the whole thing and it's a song from an artist that's a friend of mine.
Last edited by ProfessionalTom on Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ProfessionalTom wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:30 pm I'll try to deliver my next track on 17 November. It's not a coincidence... Strangely (and funny) enough, last time it was.

The working title: My Last Birthday
You’re dying. Sorry to hear that, Tom.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:32 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:30 pm I'll try to deliver my next track on 17 November. It's not a coincidence... Strangely (and funny) enough, last time it was.

The working title: My Last Birthday
You’re dying. Sorry to hear that, Tom.
Try to remember and tell future generations of audio engineers that once upon a time, there was a Tom... ProfessionalTom.

And that then it all began...

Also... we're already dead if you think about it.

im not.

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:38 pmim not.
How?!

magick!

ProfessionalTom wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:35 pm
If you can think about it, that's good evidence you're actually alive.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:17 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:35 pm
If you can think about it, that's good evidence you're actually alive.

Yeah I don't disagree, but I meant it on atomic level. Some time ago it struck me like post nut clarity. Then I was surprised that it never before came through my mind. My thought process was something like that:

We're human. We're made of milions and milions of cells. These cells are made of various stuff like dna and their organellas. These things in turn are made 100% (as everything else) of some combination of atoms that made them the way they are. And you can't say that atoms are alive, can you? That was my point basically, that you're made 100% of atoms. Dead matter. And yet you're considered "alive".

When I realised it, I began to say humorously (but true) that what we call life is just appropriately packed dead matter. So alive matter is right dead matter with appropriate level of density.

Basically what you consider alive/dead depends on how broad you want to think about it (where's your threshold to conside something one thing or the other and it varies from human to human). And that's fine. That's why people have many opinions on stuff.

Sometimes you can think in this kind of "extremes" to actually make some song out of it because it just fits and sometimes can represent an interesting point of view. Not necessarily the only one valid, because sometimes its subjective (or not) but the one that makes a nice topic to talk/sing about hehehe.

What a wild ride. :D

Return to “Music Cafe”