Select different PRESET folders?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i wonder e.g. HIVE 2 if i can re-select the preset folder? i dont want it where it is now and i didnt find any option to re-select it :( thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Move the folder to the location you want it and make a shortcut and place it at the current location (where you moved it from). Should work unless something have changed with HIVE 2 or Win10.

If you don't want the presets in the current location, the best thing you can do is reinstall Hive, and choose your desired location for the Hive.data folder.

But if you really just want to take the preset folders out of the Hive.data folder, then you have to use symbolic links, simple shortcuts will not work.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thx guys. I really prefer serum etc. There you can just re-select. Should be basics in 2019 :P
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

any official word?

You don't really need to reinstall. Move your Hive data folder where you want to have it and update the shortcut next to the plugin to the new path. Kr3eM said it right :)

Caine123 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:59 pm any official word?
Tasmaniandevil (QA at u-he) has spoken it ^^

thx a lot! still hope for some next updates it will be possible :P if others can do it u-he could do it twice better.
why make things complicated when it can get better.....

I don’t quite understand the issue. We use Windows shortcuts. Once you decide to have a shortcut during installation (which afaik is default behavior), you can drag the data folder which encloses the presets wherever you want.

It doesn’t make sense for us to separate presets from the data folder as everything in it is subject to user manipulation (module presets, tuning files, skins). Therefore it doesn’t make sense to add means to relocate presets into our software.

Furthermore, our new preset manager makes handling large sets of presets easy. You can set the focus to sub folders and therefore switch between different soundsets instantly.

Return to “u-he”