Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:34 am HALion 6 doesn't contain the new spectral oscillator.
What odds will you give me that Halion7 does?
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:56 am
teilo wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:41 amPadshop 2 requires eLicenser, but what is not clear is whether they require the license to be on a dongle, or if it can be in the local software container. I have Absolute 4, which includes Padshop 2, and Absolute 4 requires the dongle.
I don't think Absolute 4 requires hardware e-licenser.
If not, then that's a change from Absolute 3, because that definitely required the dongle.

teilo wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:35 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:56 am
teilo wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:41 amPadshop 2 requires eLicenser, but what is not clear is whether they require the license to be on a dongle, or if it can be in the local software container. I have Absolute 4, which includes Padshop 2, and Absolute 4 requires the dongle.
I don't think Absolute 4 requires hardware e-licenser.
If not, then that's a change from Absolute 3, because that definitely required the dongle.
Yeah, perhaps they removed the hardware dongle requirement to increase the reach. I think it was a good decision. The first Absolute version I ever saw on web was 4, so had no idea about previous versions. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:41 pmYeah, perhaps they removed the hardware dongle requirement to increase the reach. I think it was a good decision. The first Absolute version I ever saw on web was 4, so had no idea about previous versions. :)
I bought Absolute 3 on special, and was irritated to find that I couldn't use it once I had it, without buying the dongle. But since that time, I've come to prefer dongle-based licenses in all situations where one gets a limited number of activations. But I've got 4 dongles now: iLok, eLicenser, cmStick (for Reason and VPS Avenger), and a HASP (for Hauptwerk). Thankfully one of those is going away soon, as Hauptwerk is moving to iLok.

An experimental sound texture made with Padshop 2, using two spectral oscillators and samples I made with Sound Particles. Pretty weird stuff...

https://youtu.be/IxyC3Yhl_sg

ericj23 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:33 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:34 am HALion 6 doesn't contain the new spectral oscillator.
The odds of you failing your English grammar test are 110%.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:37 pm
Looks absolutely fine to me. Care to point out the flaw.?
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Either that, or the odds of your failing Reading Comprehension are 110%.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:24 pm An experimental sound texture made with Padshop 2, using two spectral oscillators and samples I made with Sound Particles
Nice example btw.
( :D I see the topic of understanding English acquired a special shade in this topic)

c_voltage wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:07 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:24 pm An experimental sound texture made with Padshop 2, using two spectral oscillators and samples I made with Sound Particles
Nice example btw.
( :D I see the topic of understanding English acquired a special shade in this topic)
Thanks. Yes, the language problem persists :)

ericj23 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:15 pm
Looks absolutely fine to me. Care to point out the flaw.?
Fine is the flaw of the absolute, for it must then care to be.

:tu: :clap:
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I know. Is this alone worth 120? I suspect not, nor is it mentioned in this parts alot or is it actually pretty popular?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Anyone who runs Cubase 10.5 / Padshop 2 on a Windows 7 setup? I know that Steinis do now longer officially support Windows 7 since 10.5, but since I don't plan to change my current Win 7 based setup anytime soon, I wonder whether it's safe to upgrade to 10.5 (I still have an unactivated upgrade license sitting in my account).

I suspect that there aren't too many elemental changes in the code base from 10.x to 10.5, so I guess it should run. I specifically wonder whether plugins like the new Padshop 2 and the current edition of Groove Agents SE work on Windows 7? I'm pretty confident that all the bundled Cubase FX and the instruments / synths do, except maybe for the new tap delay?

Does anyone run Cubase 10.5 on a Windows 7 machine and if so, what has your experience been like so far?

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:49 am
I know. Is this alone worth 120?
That, only you can answer with it's worth it or not, depending on what you are going to to with it.

Maybe it's worth a demo if it gets high praise, alas, will pass on this. Carry on gents.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”