Bitwig Studio 3.1 announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rivanni wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:15 am
mtelesha wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:53 pm As someone that does use pads for very long lengths I absolutely DON'T want the pad to be read or played by this feature. I always bounce the a long drone or pad after I have them where I want them, because my pads develop over time and if the pad changes every time I am working on the pad I am going to mess up all the dynamics since I will only hear the start of my pads or drones.
With note chasing you will hear the part where you start playing. A long drone will not start from the beginning if you start in the middle of the note.
A chased not can only start from the beginning, unless you could tell the synth playing that long note somehow not to start at the beginning. But I don't know of any synth/DAW which could pass on that crucial information. Midi just knows what a note on is, there is no command for "jumping" into a note...
To play the note from the start is always better than silence... That is all about Midi chase. Of course if you put all that modulations into automation, you would get the evolving changing sound as well, at least after the initial attack phase, as you'd expect it...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”