Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

Funky40 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:59 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:46 pm But Unify itself is core aware,
Great ! thanks, that answers it
zzz00m wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:46 pm will try to assign each Unify instrument layer to a different core.
interesting

the next major point i´d like to figure out bevore i consider the demo is:
would i be able to bypass ( = NO CPU load) the instruments per midi command ?
(button on-off)

the Demo runs for 15 minutes, from what i gather.
thats not exactly enough to make some tests, and check the things i need to know,
since i would lose all made settings when forced -@demo mode- to reload.
Suggest you inquire over at the Unify forum with technical questions, which is monitored by the developer (@getdunne Shane Dunne). I haven't run into any performance issues with Unify on my machine, so never had to dig into optimization details. It just works here!

https://forums.pluginguru.com/
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Funky40 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:16 am
2. Can i bypass ( = no CPU load) instruments loaded in unify --> accessed by midi ?
(...)
4. How much latency would it add, when running plugins within Unify,
and unify also loaded as a plugin. (roughly)
1. The instrument on bypassed layer won't receive any MIDI Notes but it will stay active. Some well optimized Vsti will have zero CPU load when they're not playing.

4. No additional latency.

trusampler wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:09 pm Weird, I seem to get much better cpu performance in Unify in fact Omnisphere 2 runs so much faster in Unify, which is why I run all my plugins inside it.
This is true. The reason is that Unify doesn't load Omnisphere's GUI when loading it's patches.

robert_p wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:38 pm
trusampler wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:09 pm Weird, I seem to get much better cpu performance in Unify in fact Omnisphere 2 runs so much faster in Unify, which is why I run all my plugins inside it.
This is true. The reason is that Unify doesn't load Omnisphere's GUI when loading it's patches.
That also applies if you are loading most any multi-layer Unify preset with multiple instruments. Loads much quicker without each instrument GUI needing to be loaded.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Thanks for feedback @zzz00m and @robert_p

How easy would it be to use Unify + Zenology Pro vs. a real Roland Fantom in terms of quick layering, layered patch loading and browsing, etc?

A quick and last reminder, our Unify Sample Expansion are on sale for the last day today, get all Unify expansions for a discount of 50% on www.particular-sound.de!

https://www.particular-sound.de/synth-p ... luginguru/

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

MegaMagic Guitars V3 Bliss is one of the best libraries ever made by PlugInGuru.
On sale for one more day:
https://www.pluginguru.com/products/mm-gtr-v3/
And there’s a new 808 freebie for Unify:
https://www.pluginguru.com/products/808 ... nify-2023/

Can anybody tell me, why it is not possible to scroll in a plugin loaded with Unify with the mouse wheel? I googled it, but it seems to disturb nobody, except me. :neutral: Or am I the only one, where it does not work?

SamDi wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:56 am Can anybody tell me, why it is not possible to scroll in a plugin loaded with Unify with the mouse wheel? I googled it, but it seems to disturb nobody, except me. :neutral: Or am I the only one, where it does not work?
It bothers me too. I thought it was just me as well. :roll:

SamDi wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:56 am Can anybody tell me, why it is not possible to scroll in a plugin loaded with Unify with the mouse wheel? I googled it, but it seems to disturb nobody, except me. :neutral: Or am I the only one, where it does not work?
I don't like that either. The other thing I can't stand which I've complained on the Unify forums about is the preset browser navigation. If I hit the <End> or <Home> key (which I use all the time navigating in the DAW) while Unify has the focus it moves to the bottom of the preset list (or top) and I lose my current preset. Happens to me all the time and makes me batty because I can't find the old preset I was using. The developer Shane said there's some limitation with the framework they're using and there's nothing he can do or something along those lines. Same thing happens with the Arturia preset browser also so maybe they're using the same framework.

seangm wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:18 am
I don't like that either. The other thing I can't stand which I've complained on the Unify forums about is the preset browser navigation. If I hit the <End> or <Home> key (which I use all the time navigating in the DAW) while Unify has the focus it moves to the bottom of the preset list (or top) and I lose my current preset. Happens to me all the time and makes me batty because I can't find the old preset I was using. The developer Shane said there's some limitation with the framework they're using and there's nothing he can do or something along those lines. Same thing happens with the Arturia preset browser also so maybe they're using the same framework.
Isn't that also a question to the DAW, how it routes key commands to plugins or not?

SamDi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:41 am
seangm wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:18 am
Isn't that also a question to the DAW, how it routes key commands to plugins or not?
I'm not sure, Shane replied that there was some limitation that they weren't able to get around. I'm not technical at all though so no idea really.

I expected the GUI to be significantly improved by this time.
Functionality and “Sound Content” are amazing tho.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Return to “Instruments”