Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

NikkiA wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:59 am I wish they'd spend some time making the plugin scanner faster and more robust, because it falls over on a couple of plugins for me, it takes 7 passes through for me, each taking about 20 minutes. I'm not expecting it to scan as reliably or quickly as reaper does, but JFC if 2-3 hours to do a full scan isn't insane.
Those scan times sound excessive. If I'm just doing a re-scan, each pass take a couple of minutes. If I delete all plugins from Unify's list and do a full scan, a pass takes about twice as long. And I have over 1,000 plugins.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

NikkiA wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:59 am I wish they'd spend some time making the plugin scanner faster and more robust, because it falls over on a couple of plugins for me, it takes 7 passes through for me, each taking about 20 minutes. I'm not expecting it to scan as reliably or quickly as reaper does, but JFC if 2-3 hours to do a full scan isn't insane.
It's best to ask in their forum: https://www.pluginguru.com/community/

I've got the same thing, long plugin scans as well. I've been sitting here for at least 10 minutes now and it's still scanning my VST3 folder.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:35 pm I've got the same thing, long plugin scans as well. I've been sitting here for at least 10 minutes now and it's still scanning my VST3 folder.
Did you ask in their forum? The developer monitors issues over there.

Hi there - can you please contact us via our tech support email (unifysupport@pluginguru.com) so we can look into this? We need more information from you so we can look into why this is happening for you? Some plug-ins force the scanner to do a lot more work than others. On my Apple Studio with 890 plug-ins scanning VST2 takes 2 passes and 5 min. VST3 takes 3 passes and 4:45 min and Audio Units take 10 min. I then use the remove redundant plug-ins so only 1 version shows in the plug-in list but now I have access to every plug-in in my computer. It's pretty painless but not perfect.

You might have plug-ins in locations that stop the scanner for a long period of time, you might have other software protections in place that slow down the process. We won't know this until you can contact us with information about your HD's, OS, privacy protection software you use and plug-ins that show in the scan process that sit there for a crazy amount of time. Could be older plug-ins too doing this, we don't know yet.

We do our best to make this painless and something you really only have to do 1 time and then re-scanning is lightning fast because of our revisions to the scanner. I apologize that it's not working as optimally for you. Maybe we can help make it better....

- John
• Sound Designer / Programmer for Korg Synthesizers
• Custom Sounds 4 Sale (Massive, FM8, Stylus RMX) and Free Video Tutorials PlugInGuru.com.

realkuhl wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:06 pm
Hi there - can you please contact us via our tech support email (unifysupport@pluginguru.com) so we can look into this? We need more information from you so we can look into why this is happening for you? Some plug-ins force the scanner to do a lot more work than others. On my Apple Studio with 890 plug-ins scanning VST2 takes 2 passes and 5 min. VST3 takes 3 passes and 4:45 min and Audio Units take 10 min. I then use the remove redundant plug-ins so only 1 version shows in the plug-in list but now I have access to every plug-in in my computer. It's pretty painless but not perfect.

You might have plug-ins in locations that stop the scanner for a long period of time, you might have other software protections in place that slow down the process. We won't know this until you can contact us with information about your HD's, OS, privacy protection software you use and plug-ins that show in the scan process that sit there for a crazy amount of time. Could be older plug-ins too doing this, we don't know yet.

We do our best to make this painless and something you really only have to do 1 time and then re-scanning is lightning fast because of our revisions to the scanner. I apologize that it's not working as optimally for you. Maybe we can help make it better....

- John
That's John Lehmkuhl himself.
When you get your answer at their forum let us know. Ball's in your court ......

John “SkipPy” Lehmkuhl. The man. The legend.

zzz00m wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:18 am
trusampler wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:35 pm I've got the same thing, long plugin scans as well. I've been sitting here for at least 10 minutes now and it's still scanning my VST3 folder.
Did you ask in their forum? The developer monitors issues over there.
if I right click, and run as admin, it works much faster, no this is just what I've learned to do myself. NI Maschine has the same issue. it's a result of a plugin scanner in their case. not sure about unify.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Unify is where I'm doing most of my work now, it's an amazing product. Any news on V2?
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

MegaMagic Trio (Violin, Viola, Cello) coming to Unify next week!

I only wish this actually ran fine in logic on a 2018 Mac mini i7. It has a CPU spike with just one patch which makes it unusable. It runs fine standalone, but NOT in a DAW.

Hi, i have some questions:

my main Query is just point 1 and 2. (might run the demo dependend on REs on 1+2)
1. is unify running on multi CPU when used as a plugin ? ( m1mac)
2. Can i bypass ( = no CPU load) instruments loaded in unify --> accessed by midi ?

in case somebody is willing, and has answers, that´d be much appreciated too :
3. i see it has a feature to setup curvatures on midi CC controls.
is this by chosing presets, or can we draw curvature freely ?
4. How much latency would it add, when running plugins within Unify,
and unify also loaded as a plugin. (roughly)

( i use GigPerformer as my host. But thats a one CPU core only app ( vs. itself) !
so, my thought would be to use Unify to have at least my instrument-patches run on multicore)

Funky40 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:16 am Hi, i have some questions:

my main Query is just point 1 and 2. (might run the demo dependend on REs on 1+2)
1. is unify running on multi CPU when used as a plugin ? ( m1mac)
2. Can i bypass ( = no CPU load) instruments loaded in unify --> accessed by midi ?

in case somebody is willing, and has answers, that´d be much appreciated too :
3. i see it has a feature to setup curvatures on midi CC controls.
is this by chosing presets, or can we draw curvature freely ?
4. How much latency would it add, when running plugins within Unify,
and unify also loaded as a plugin. (roughly)

( i use GigPerformer as my host. But thats a one CPU core only app ( vs. itself) !
so, my thought would be to use Unify to have at least my instrument-patches run on multicore)
Can't answer specifics about platforms or DAW hosts. But Unify itself is core aware, and will try to assign each Unify instrument layer to a different core.

Try the demo to see how it runs on your system!

zzz00m wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:46 pm But Unify itself is core aware,
Great ! thanks, that answers it
zzz00m wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:46 pm will try to assign each Unify instrument layer to a different core.
interesting

the next major point i´d like to figure out bevore i consider the demo is:
would i be able to bypass ( = NO CPU load) the instruments per midi command ?
(button on-off)

the Demo runs for 15 minutes, from what i gather.
thats not exactly enough to make some tests, and check the things i need to know,
since i would lose all made settings when forced -@demo mode- to reload.

Weird, I seem to get much better cpu performance in Unify in fact Omnisphere 2 runs so much faster in Unify, which is why I run all my plugins inside it.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”