Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

Jeez, it costs €1. Cut the guy some slack.

NextGen wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:37 pm
LeVzi wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:03 am Biggest potential for a synth, failed by a dev who just was too lazy to get it out in a timely manner. Modules go out of date and cannot be updated, no Mac no 64bit.

I think most of us paid a dollar, which was too much tbh. (But who cares about a dollar right?) he still made a buck or two with a load of hype for something that just doesn't work properly in modern systems.

Was a clever move but yes its a completely dead synth. I've never used it in a project once tbh.
LeVzi,

I’m not surprised you think that, probably more people do. I agree with you on one point and that’s the fact that the plugin should’ve been released sooner. Obviously it didn’t and not because I was lazy, but simply because I did not get the time needed to work on it. It was either finishing the product or focusing on my music/DJ career.

Releasing a 32-bit plugin in a 64-bit era is far from ideal and I know that. So at first I didn’t even want to release it, but later I thought why not. Who knows, maybe someone will find it useful in their projects, especially those using a DAW with an internal bridger. Turns out it was the right call, there are many people who are thankful for this plugin and use it daily in their projects. I had to charge a minimum of €1.21, not to “make a buck or two” but simply to cover the infrastructure and whatnot.

My goal has never been and will never be to earn big money on making plugins. Rather, all I want to do is share my work with this community, release very affordable plugins that are on par with expensive plugins in terms of performance, quality, features and content.
I’m working on a handful of new plugins and I hope to make that more clear with my next release (its in closed beta). Obviously I’ve been working on the new Genesis as well, which had to be rebuild from scratch, so it takes a bit longer. The difference in terms of performance/quality is like night and day between the Genesis Pro and the new version. I’ve planned the release for this year.
OK well maybe you've learned from your mistakes. Genesis was a failure but could have been a lot more.

Unfortunately, its tough to recover when people would potentially invest in your work, when you took 10 years to get it wrong.

Good luck though
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

wasi wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:16 pm Jeez, it costs €1. Cut the guy some slack.
And it shows. If it was $40 and worked and was released on time and sounded good then yeah no problem. I wonder how many people gave him $1?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

this thread is fjockful of island boys :D...

Island boys use Genesis Pro for sure :):):)

any news of a 64bit version...

tonymax wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:20 pm any news of a 64bit version...
It can't and won't come.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I use it with jBridge. Works very well. Found its way into quite a few of my ambient tracks.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Thanks evryone, looks like abandonware then, shame,

Thought Id check in just auditing the system and total forgot about this - good to know Im not the only one :(

If someone wants a cheap/great synth, these days you can get the older version of Icarus (1.6) or impOSCar 2 for about $5 each with certain CM magazines.

Return to “Instruments”