Playhead Stops When I Zoom Out and Starts Playing from Origin

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

Waveform 10. When I playback anywhere inside my edit, if I zoom out or move the timeline to the left, the playhead stops, stutters, glitches, and starts playing back where it started from. Sometimes it does the same thing randomly even without me zooming or scrolling sideways. So it's hard to make it through the edit without it jumping back where I started playback from.

Any idea what is going on? Thanks.
Windows 7 64 bit
i7 3.4Ghz
16Gb RAM

What version of Waveform 10?

Curious if this clears up if you use a different audio device on the Settings page.

Possibly a wacky video driver acting up?

Waveform Version 10.3.6 (Built: 28 October 2019) (64-bit)

I tried it with both my generic low latency computer's ASIO driver as well as my MOTU interface with the same results. It just started doing this recently as I've been building up the tracks in this song but I don't think it's very track or plugin heavy.

Not sure if it's related to my other post but I have a Vi by Sounspot called Union that falls silent after a single play. I have to restart WF to hear it again for only one play.

CPU at the top right maxes at 21.
Windows 7 64 bit
i7 3.4Ghz
16Gb RAM

Might be fruitless, yet I'd try one of the built in Windows audio drivers (Windows Audio / Exclusive options).

Still think this might be a video driver issue. I've had unique issues on my ancient laptop that were based in the graphics driver version I was using. My issues were limited to plugin GUI failures and plugin crashes, which sadly led to having to use the older driver in order to have the least problems.

Also, revert to an earlier version of Waveform and see if the issue goes away, then install one newer version at a time until it fails. This would greatly help the devs in sorting out any issues possibly introduced along the update cycle.

If you turn off the Scroll button (think the shortcut is S, but I could be wrong, not got it open at the minute), does this still happen? That's meant to make the gui follow the playhead, so it stays on screen at all times.

I've not seen this happen before, I'm just thinking if the app is trying to scroll the gui in from the right, to do that, and you're trying to scroll the timeline left, maybe bad things happen, depending on how zoomed in you are
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”