AXS Old Tracker For Windows (FREE)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for hosting this! I haven't used it in forever but just got the urge to use it again. What a classy synthtracker! Plus I always liked the sound of its synth quite a bit... it's very colorful :)
And you made a YouTube video to boot. Man you racked up some serious net cred today, I think I need to do a synthwave song with it now... seems fitting and I've never done any synthwave things before.
I've been trying to find this site that hosts modules lately... it was the only site that had AXS modules I ever found. Do you know of any if so I bet you know of this one. I wish I could remember the name. I also need to get some RAD modules from this site too.
In the future there will be robots!

People may get angry, but I tossed $7 into WilliamK's coffee cup for an upgrade and free synth. Part of being a good person is forgiving others, especially those who have a medically recognized condition. He's done all kinds of fantastic work and I choose to support him in this.

Here's the module directory I was talking about, thank goodness for old saved links!

https://modland.com/pub/modules/

I have no problems with him, never did. I've had my own rough times and struggles. I battle depression often and I know it wreaks havoc on my projects. I forget what was going on with him but I think it was similar. Which when I saw his name on the post it reminded me that I bought Wusik 4 a some months ago and had problems with it I think I didn't set up the library correctly I would love to reinstall I like the massive selection of samples. Romplers are great. We all have our trials and tribulations... I hope people are nice to him, whatever he did or didn't do it can't be that bad. What did they say in the 90's? The net could really use some of that these days. P.L.U.R. !!!! that's the one!
Is there some new Wusik software? I'll have to check it out.

He's been up to all sorts of things. The most recent Wusikstation update has experimental *video playback* support.

Also, that's a hell of an archive link you posted! All sorts of old tracker modules. I used to love listening to the old FastTracker II stuff people made. Future Crew's famous Second Reality soundtrack got me into computer music in some ways. ModPlug can play and edit just about any of that, and it's free. They used to leave hidden messages like, "peace, man" in their module's notes or instrument names sections. I have fond memories.

arkmabat wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:36 pm People may get angry, but I tossed $7 into WilliamK's coffee cup for an upgrade and free synth. Part of being a good person is forgiving others, especially those who have a medically recognized condition. He's done all kinds of fantastic work and I choose to support him in this.
What's wrong with that? I mean... what did WilliamK do? And did he make ASX? That's a pretty damn good DAW! A bit wonky but quite nice. As for a medically recognized condition... I have aspergers brain. Been seeing a counselor about it, and she and Infinity Train have both helped me a lot.

Edit: From the looks of what went down... I don't know what to make of it. And I think it would be best that I stay in my own backyard concerning whatever happened.

AXS was made by Resolution Audio who was a Dutch company. I bought the original version in the late 90's. Came on a 3.5" disk in the mail. Oh those were the days..
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:41 pm AXS was made by Resolution Audio who was a Dutch company. I bought the original version in the late 90's. Came on a 3.5" disk in the mail. Oh those were the days..
I remember the days when you paid for shareware with a check or money order. Got Tuareg, Simsynth 2, Wingroove, and Acoustica Mixcraft that way. Good times! Also won a few awesome pieces of software like Groovemaker and Acid Latin (was hoping for Techno but still was happy to get a DAW with so many features. Gotta love the oldschool stuff, and AXS is an awesome oldschool program.

The first software music thing I ever purchased was Voyetra Sound sequencer for DOS. It came on a 5.5" floppy disk. That was my first proper midi sequencer for external gear in the computer.

EDIT: Actually, that is not entirely correct. I had some sequencer for the C64 but I don't remember it's name.. nor did I purchase it. :scared:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Interesting as I had never seen that particular video before...

However to differ with the info AXS does have a stereo environment but it is uniform...Same stuff left-right channel when you render out... The only panning that happens is the delay panning knob then you will hear left-right switching & is great way to fatten some sounds in it...

I got whole blogging on it... Since Oct 4th 2023 over 6,000 views as of today so there's obviously some interest but they probably don't want anyone knowing it... "Don't tell anyone I'm using this old tracker!"...

As there is interest I have a package I'm renewing every month that has AXS, Song Templates, Charts, Extra Skins I Made, Manuals, Original Songs by Various Arists, Render to WAV AVI video and songs I did in AXS that have no post-process other than like a fade-out, trim or convert to MP3...

https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6350

The links to package are near the end of page 4... It's confusing as I have other stuff there too here is the 'still alive' link-

https://workupload.com/file/nFw7BWvPW4Z

bmanic wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:54 am The first software music thing I ever purchased was Voyetra Sound sequencer for DOS. It came on a 5.5" floppy disk. That was my first proper midi sequencer for external gear in the computer.

EDIT: Actually, that is not entirely correct. I had some sequencer for the C64 but I don't remember it's name.. nor did I purchase it. :scared:
For me it was DOMARK's Music System and Ubik's Music before that, but the cassette save system was awful in those. I had already dabbed into Amiga SoundFX and SoundTracker so I knew they were the future :tu:
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”