No thread for MusicDevelopments Syne?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syne

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:44 pm OK, it took 20 minutes to fix offline rendering. v1.2 will be available on Monday with all these fixes and an FM module.
Please be patient with me, this is my very first synth plug-in. :?

Thanks,
Attila
Great News :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

indeed great news! this will make Syne more usuable.... because me like those LFO's... and looking forward to the FM module...

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:37 pm Kind of want to try this before the sale is over, but I guess I won't be able to try a working version before the price goes back up?
I built the Windows version for you to try:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com/SyneDemo-1.2.0b1.exe

Please let me know if you need the macOS version, that takes longer to build due to the notarization process.

Thanks,
Attila

Is there a way to adjust the duration of passing time. It seems the default value is good for a very slow pad, but not great for short sounds. I'm probably completely missing something, but "passing time" is only mentioned twice in the manual (I used ctrl+f), and it didn't seem to say anything about how to use or adjust it, really. edit: NM, figured this out.

Is there a non-demo release that has FM and other changes?

Both the demo and the unlocked v1.2 version includes FM and the latest fixes.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi, Attila

Are there plans to add a resynthesis to Syne?

It could also be interesting to allow the import of analyses files generated by apps such as SPEAR, for example (https://www.klingbeil.com/spear/).

Hi klovn,

yes, this is definitely among my plans.

There is a hidden feature in Syne, so you can import analyis files (.TXT) from SPEAR even today! ;)
Some instructions:

If you have an existing sound that you would like to use, you need to download SPEAR from http://www.klingbeil.com/spear/
Sample the sound and make a few-second audio clip that you save as WAV format. This is a bit tricky, but if you see lots of low-amplitude partials (light grey), you need to delete them. You can immediately remove everything below -60dB (Edit -> Select Partials Below Threshold: -60 dB, press Delete), and sometimes -50dB. The point is to reduce the number of partials to an acceptable level without loosing sound quality or colour. Then select the export format (File -> Export Format) to "Text - Resampled Frames" and save the text file. In the synthesizer add a Partial Source, and click on "import CSV file". This is a hidden feature: you can import SPEAR .txt file here. After importing you need to select the point of time when partials are read. It is a good idea to select a time where partials have the biggest amplitude, or sound very peculiar.

Thanks,
Attila

That's really cool! One more reason to buy Syne now.

The world is certainly in need of a powerful resynthesis engine that's superior to what Alchemy 2 (Logic-only) and Metasynth can offer. I have the feeling that there has been no serious progress in this domain for years.

Please, please, please take this project in that direction! :D

Thank you :)

Hi there! I was alerted to this forum because of it's accommodation to SPEAR output. I'm very excited and hopefully to try out Syne now! (and regardlessly very pleased to know of the vst) I was curious if the CSV import is accessible via the macOS version also?

Hi richie_hello,

yes, CSV and SPEAR TXT import are also in the macOS version. You'll find it in the 'Partial Editor', click on the gear button, and import 'CSV'. CSV files may have one column (amplitude), 2 columns (amplitude, frequency) or 3 columns (amplitude, frequency, phase) but you'll find more details about it in the pop-up help.

Thanks!
Attila

hi, attila

any exciting updates coming for Syne based on the most recent feedbacks you got on this thread?

klovn wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:33 pm hi, attila

any exciting updates coming for Syne based on the most recent feedbacks you got on this thread?
indeed, had the same question on my mind..

Thanks for asking. There will be a major update at the end of December, may not be as exciting.
It contains big rework under the hood, a new UI engine which supports retina resolution on macOS, and there will be a single installer for the demo and unlocked versions.

A new Noise Editor _may_ be added where you can freely draw noise frequency envelope with the pencil, and all partials are automatically generated, based on your density settings. This was not included in older releases because I was not sure if it was useful at all. I am still not sure about it, but it is quite a serious editor with lots of features.

Analysis is not implemented yet, but analysed partials can still be imported from SPEAR. Even on a simple Mac mini M1 or on a new PC over 40K partials can be rendered simultaneously, so complex sounds can be created with the help of SPEAR.

If you have any ideas about a partial processor that would be good to have, please let me know. These are relatively simple to create.

Happy Holidays!
Thanks,
Attila

Return to “Instruments”