Drum computer Resynth and Wavetable files

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Drum computer is not loading Resynth or Wavetable files , what am I doing wrong ? I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it hasn't corrected the problem. Also I downloaded drum computer separately from Bundle 9 ( it seemed to be missing) can that be the problem? Should I use the Bundle or individual serial number when installing or does it matter?

Hi Circuitwaste,

ok, do you at least the factory wavetable files appear in DrumComputer's internal preset browser?
Have you possibly moved the wavetable folder after installation?
Does your user account has admin rights? Maybe this would solve any problems.
Which means in case you have multiple user accounts on your computer, make sure to install DrumComputer on the User account you will work with afterwards.

Anyway, please verify that wavetables exist in this folder:
\Users\YOURLOGINNAME (your home folder)\Documents\Sugar Bytes\Drumcomputer\

If it's there but still not working, could you please check the Wavetablespath entry in the registry (Windows) or plist (macOS)?

On Windows press the "Windows" key and the "R" key at the same time and enter regedit in the open field.
Press OK and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Sugar Bytes/DrumComputer

On macOS please enter ~/Library into the 'Go To Folder' menu.
When prompted, go to Preferences/com.sugar-bytes.DrumComputer.plist

There you scan see the WavetablesPath DrumComputer is using.

Maybe delete DrumComputer folder in the registry or if you are on macOS delete the com.sugar-bytes.DrumComputer.plist file.

After that it's essential to empty your trash and restart your computer!

After the restart, please install DrumComputer once more.

This should fix it.

If not, please send me a screenshot of the DrumComputer registry key or plist file to support[@]sugar-bytes.de as well as a screenshot of the exact folder location of your Wavetables to figure out what's going wrong.

Sorry for the trouble!

Best,
Nadine

The instructions above has worked .Thanks to everyone at Sugar Bytes.

The problem still exists: When I installed the demo today (on Win10), the wavetable and resynth oscillators just didn't work and were silent, displaying an error message. When I found this thread, I checked the registry: It turned out that various entries in the registry (WavetablesPath, WavetablesPathsave, NoisesPath, NoisesPathsave) pointed to relative paths (relative to the "contentpath" entry). Replacing them with absolute paths fixed the problem. Before that, and I couldn't even import my own wavetables. It looks like there is a problem with the installer (?)

I had the same problem. Just like keckpot, I changed the paths to absolute in the registry and it worked
void main(dumb)

sQeetz wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:00 am I had the same problem. Just like keckpot, I changed the paths to absolute in the registry and it worked
can you please elaborate how to do this? I can only see editing for name and value but this didn`t seem like what you were mentioning and I didn`t want to mess up things even more anyway.

sm1rt wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:17 pm
sQeetz wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:00 am I had the same problem. Just like keckpot, I changed the paths to absolute in the registry and it worked
can you please elaborate how to do this? I can only see editing for name and value but this didn`t seem like what you were mentioning and I didn`t want to mess up things even more anyway.
Unfortunately, I don't use a Windows machine anymore, so I can't really tell you which exact registry keys need to be changed. Sorry :neutral:
void main(dumb)

Return to “Sugar Bytes”