Krotos Audio Concept

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Concept 2

Some short videos on this page that might pique your curiosity -
https://www.krotosaudio.com/create-uniq ... concept-2/
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:05 am ...
I picked up version one when it went on sale last year, but never really used it. I'm glad somebody here posted about the free upgrade to version two, because I don't recall a free upgrade being mentioned at all in any of the e-mail newsletters I received from Krotos.

I agree that the new granular oscillator seems to be very approachable and musical. Have you tried it yet with any of those waveforms that came with Auddict Hexeract?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

No, that's not the way I work. I'll use the waveforms that come with it but I can't see myself dropping any other waveforms into it. Too much fiddling around for me.

I played around with it for a while last night, trying it out in a few songs, and it worked really well. Tweaking presets was fast, easy and accurate, I had no problem dialing in exactly what I wanted. I also got my bandmate to try it out on his big workstation PC and he didn't have any of the problems I'd had, except for the first time he ran it, when the authorisation pop-up seemed to bog his system down.

With those results, it's a no-brainer to pick this up now. So I'm off to do just that, as soon as I finish telling people in one of the hardware threads what complete idiots they are.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:41 am ... as soon as I finish telling people in one of the hardware threads what complete idiots they are.
:lol:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Why has the discussion about this stopped? I bought it on the weekend and in a few hours I had it working in three different songs in our live set. And I'm still on the first preset! Mind you, I've managed to distract myself a bit since then, with a couple of the Dev Challenge instruments that are also pretty good.

The modulation system looks very nice. Usually I don’t care too much about this as Bitwig delivers its own genius modulation possibilities, but this is an innovative approach especially with the randomization. Still, to shell out that amount of money it would need to support MPE, and I just got Abyss eating into my budget…

Is that the Traktion/Dawesome (great name) thing? It looks very interesting, although I'm not sure I could be bothered learning how it works. I think the link between colour and sound is tenuous, at best. e.g. What sound does green make? Concept is a synth I can sit down and start using straight away.

Try the Abyss demo (90 days, it lasts)--it only took me a little bit to get where I could make patches I liked. That said, Concept 2 looks nifty. I wonder how its granular engine compares to Pigments in quality.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I'm not sure how to measure that. You could take your own advice and try the demo. I'm not trying the Abyss demo, it's above my price threshold (Concept is right on it).

Abyss is on sale at $77 (£55 not sure of regular price) and Concept2 is £81 (normally £123), so I can't understand your last statement.

Not that it bothers me too much.. it looks like Concept2 is a bit more 'technical' than Abyss, but I'm keen to see how synthesis principles are simplified/made-more-touchy-feely by the clever GUI guys/gals at Tracktion

Where is Abyss $77? It says $129 here on KVR.

Cool, ta. I've just installed the demo so I'll give it a whirl.

I think today is the last day for the intro price for Abyss.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I played around with Abyss last night and hated it. The choice of sounds for the factory bank is abyssmal (see what I did there?), the sort of stuff you'd use if you were scoring a children's TV show. And tweaking the patches was a less than enjoyable experience, too. Even the font they've used for the name looks like something you'd put on a kid's toy, not a musical instrument. I uninstalled it pretty quickly.

Return to “Instruments”