New Linux builds, updated to rev. 9775

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

it was a long wait, but we finally got some new Linux beta versions of almost everything (sorry about the "almost" part).

The bad news first:

No Bazille, because of an LFO bug we are still working on.
No Filterscape, because it's simply not working at the moment.
No TripleCheese, because see Filterscape.
No Uhbik, because there is a variety of issues we first need to tackle.
And removed MFM2 from the available links, because it contained an untested feature.

We can't give an estimate about when we are able to post new versions of those that are missing, so please bear with us.

Update: We're now at rev. 9775.

Alex fixed the crash in Ardour/Mixbus when opening the GUI.
Repro needs to stay at rev. 9669, so don't use it with Ardour/Mixbus.
If you request ZebraHZ, it will still be rev. 9724 for the moment, so be cautious with that one as well.

The remaining Ardour issues, crashes when loading a preset via the main display drop down list, or when saving a preset, turned out to be host issues.
Those problems are fixed in the Ardour 6 branch builds, so either use this version, or be aware of the problem when using Ardour5.

Now on to the good news, here are the download links for the rest of the bunch:

ACE 1.4.1 9775 Linux
ColourCopy 1.0 9775 Linux
Diva 1.4.4 9775 Linux
Hive 2.0.1 9775 Linux
Podolski 1.2.2 9775 Linux
Presswerk 1.1.4 9775 Linux
Repro 1.1.1 9669 Linux
Satin 1.3.1 9775 Linux
Twangström 1.0 9775 Linux
Zebra2 2.9.1 9775 Linux

Please install the plugins using the supplied install.sh script.
It's the only way to ensure that everything works fine.

To get the Linux version of ZebraHZ, please use the Request My Licenses form on the website.

As always, these are beta versions.
Should any problems come up, please always mention plugin format, host application, and most importantly, the Linux flavour you are using.

And now, enjoy.
Tas
Last edited by tasmaniandevil on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Yay !!!

This is going to be fun !
Thanks for the update big time .

/Anders

Great news!!! Uhbik 2 was the one I was hoping for, though. Anyway, good to hear you have your Linux build environment back up and running. Anything else is hopefully just a matter of time.

Yay! Thanks!

And, *phew*. Each time our builds start lagging well behind a worry rises in me, "is this a sign they are going to ditch us?".
I'm sorry, but I'm a burnt child. :)

Beamboom wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:48 pmEach time our builds start lagging well behind [...]
Yeah, well, it always depends on a lot of things. Sometimes we have vast developments merged into our main codebase and then we're happy to get it running at all on Mac/PC. Then we need to wait for abique to have time to fix it.

But small changes are usually available almost immediately, but yet we need to do some extra testing and stuff.

Sweet. Thanks for the updates! :)
I'll give em a whirl later tonight probably.
Edit: Whoa, MFM2? Nice!

(be careful with MFM2... there's an experimental feature in there that could crash... avoid selecting "Granular" in the feedback effects...)

I know Diva comes with some lovely news, but what are the updates on let's say ColourCopy or Satin (or Presswerk and so on)?

krans wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:03 pm I know Diva comes with some lovely news, but what are the updates on let's say ColourCopy or Satin (or Presswerk and so on)?
We posted revisions of everything to keep them all up to date.

There have been official updates to ACE, Diva, Hive, Podolski, Repro, Zebra, and ZebraHZ. You can check out the details in the release notes for each plugin on the website.

The other plugins didn't receive official updates yet.
But they will always benefit from framework fixes and improvements, which have been implemented since the last posted revisions (like bug fixes in the preset browser, for example).

And in ColourCopy, we fixed a bug in the Linux version which led to a crash when trying to reach the preferences via the cog wheel.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Hmm... tried Twangström and MFM2 on Debian Buster, Mixbus 5.3.0 (VST2) - crashes immediately on gui startup.
They do work on Bitwig 3.0.3, though (both VST2 and VST3).

EDIT: closing the gui in Bitwig takes around 5 seconds... that seems a bit long.

Urs wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:28 pm (be careful with MFM2... there's an experimental feature in there that could crash... avoid selecting "Granular" in the feedback effects...)
Okay, noted. Thanks.

Urs wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:23 pm Yeah, well, it always depends on a lot of things.
Yes, please, don't take it as criticism. It's not meant to be at all. Just a sigh of relief :)

Thanks a lot Abique! Great work as always!

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:24 pm The other plugins didn't receive official updates yet.
But they will always benefit from framework fixes and improvements, which have been implemented since the last posted revisions (like bug fixes in the preset browser, for example).
Ah, super!
Thank you so much for all the updates. So much greatness here. Zebra 2.9! :D
And Uhbik 2.0. to come. What a time to live in. 8)

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:24 pm
krans wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:03 pm I know Diva comes with some lovely news, but what are the updates on let's say ColourCopy or Satin (or Presswerk and so on)?
We posted revisions of everything to keep them all up to date.

There have been official updates to ACE, Diva, Hive, Podolski, Repro, Zebra, and ZebraHZ. You can check out the details in the release notes for each plugin on the website.

The other plugins didn't receive official updates yet.

And in ColourCopy, we fixed a bug in the Linux version which led to a crash when trying to reach the preferences via the cog wheel.
I tested everything yesterday on a Ubuntu Studio 19.10 laptop with Carla as host and everything worked very well. No issues...

On a side note, Every linux build has a changelog file called LinuxChangeLog.txt but the last entry in the file is dated 2017-12-12 so it is not that useful.

Anyway, the new builds are awesome, thanks !

/Anders

Return to “u-he Linux support”