New Sonic Arts Freestyle 1.5 is released. Kore style morphing incoming

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Regarding the discussion here about a faster way to open plugin windows, an alternative behavior is now implemented in public-beta v1.5033, which is now in the User Area (actually it was already in 1.5032 but it has since been tweaked further). It is currently implemented as a evaluation feature, so to enable it you need to go to the Setup Dialog -> Info -> Check For Beta Features, then click 'Configure' and enable 'VST Edit Button'.

I am fairly convinced this is an overall improvement and probably it will become the default behaviour in a later release, but would be glad to hear your thoughts on it.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

^^^ Hey James, I think that's a great solution. I also realized just recently that once you open the GUI and exit that view by clicking outside the GUI area, and then open it again, it does remember the GUI being open, which is great. But I think this new way will probably keep everyone happy and seems like the most straight forward. Nice design.

This new beta works perfect, thanks so much for adding this feature!!!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Just downloaded the beta. I like the new workflow of opening the VST editor with double-click much better. Thank you for making this change.

What's the chances of getting a browser in here that shows our patches / mulit's / projects. Our projects our like a preset, yet I can't find a way to get into these,other then file / menu diving. Seems strange to have all this real estate on the screen, yet no way to drag n drop our sounds quick and easy?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Coming from the NI Kore / Maschine / Komplete Kontrol mind frame, I'm a little lost when it comes to actually using freestyle in a song, because of the lack of a browser and tagging.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:54 am Coming from the NI Kore / Maschine / Komplete Kontrol mind frame, I'm a little lost when it comes to actually using freestyle in a song, because of the lack of a browser and tagging.

I was a little puzzled at your previous comments about the browser, but now having read your latest post I think actually you have missed one of the major features!

Freestyle has an advanced browser already, including multiple databases (presets, samples, online and local) and a fully customisable tagging system.

browser-02.png

tagging.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

FYI we have now released v1.5038 which includes the new VST window handling as the standard behaviour. Thanks to all for your useful feedback on this issue.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

I don't know why New Sonic Arts is constantly flying under my radar, and yet I've heard so much good things about this developer. I'm desperately want something to tag up my sounds. Komplete Kontrol may be a standard but it frigging driving me nuts! Jumping in and joining the gang!

/Carl
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Welcome aboard DrGonzo :)

pinki wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:56 am Welcome aboard DrGonzo :)
Thanks! Did have time to check out Freestyle yet but did a few quick rounds with Granite. Very, very pleasant sound. Hooked me directly. I want to see what it can do to my sounds. Very fun stuff.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Some questions about freestyle
-Can it run standalone ?
-Can each loaded vst instrument receive on it's own unique midi channel ( for sequencing from hardware seq. )
-Does it have a mixer ,for insert fx etc ?

And is this the james walker hall , from reaktor fame :D ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Yes
Yes
Yes but inserts are created in line.
and... Yes
How about that for positivity.

That's good news , playing with the demo right now
IS there a limit to the number of midi inputs , busses or is this dependent on the hardware ( hopefully )
My cirklon will arrive in a couple of months and it's able to send 96 midi channels over 6 busses via usb (16 channels = 1 bus ) .
Will freestyle recognize the 6 midi busses (96 channels ) or will it just accept 1 buss (16 channels ) ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Standby!

Return to “Instruments”